No announcement yet.

why feudalism is better than republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:02.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

True.

Comment

When I played a bit of the 4000bc one and got around 14 or so cities up, I looked out at all the land I still had to fill up, not counting the island I had started, I got so depressed.

I could just see me ferverously pounding out scores of settlers and workers and troops. That was just too much.

I wondered what it would be like on a bit more rational size world.
        The impact of 8 civs on a large map, with no AP. If that would be overwhelming as well.
        Even with std rules it is a lot of units. They don't come out quite as fast, so that helps.

Contacts are a long time coming as the world is so empty and big.

Comment

AAHZ I was wondering how your settings (large map, 8 civs) impacted play. You said you were not able to win at Monarch, was that using the AP mode?

I think the problem can be in that game (no AP) you may have to go a very long time with no contact and if you get a good sized land mass with only one other civ, you will have a retrarted research rate.

If you don't allow for that and try to race for Phil and the Lit you could find yourself down a bunch of the first level techs and then some second level ones. It will take a long time to get on par, unless you luck out an met some others. This may not happen until they find you. It is a big world and the ships are slow.

Once you do then the game proceeds at what I would expect for that level.

If you end up with a number of civ in proximity then you can gain a lead early and hold it.

Comment

Working...
          X