• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

emperor or demigod

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I thought Feudalism was 5 free units for Towns. Did I misread?
      I'm in Jon Miller's camp on the defenders thing. I like my cities close together so one or two guys can be responsible for 3-5 towns. Or better yet, give me offensive units as "defenders". Republic gets not garrison happiness benefit, so I'm more flexible if I have "defenders" that can take out an unlikely invasion force before it gets to a town.
      By the same token, I may be slightly crazy, too.
      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

MS you have around 40 cities so that is not out of line. Was this a std map?

Comment

AAHZ I won't have 120 units in the ancient age, maybe on AU208 which was all war and no peace was allowed. You are killing your empire with that many units that early in the game.

If I did have 120 units I would not have more than 10-15 defenders. Defend against whom? I would have eliminated all on my land mass with that many units.

I may have 40 or more workers, but half would be free slaves.
          Again I can't be in Fuedalism in the ancient age anyway.

I will probaly have no interest in Fuedalism when I get it as I don't need it. If I had those units already, it is plenty to kill anyone in the game.

Comment

What level and settings are you playing? I want to make a test run using them. I will make a two civ game and one civ will be isolated on a tiny island with no resources.

This wil allow all out building, no barbs and lets see what can be done.

No city over size 6, 20 cities by fuedalism.

Research will be negatively impacted though.
            Last edited by vmxa1; January 22, 2004, 16:45.

Comment

vmxa1, MS's map is from his thread in the Strat Forum. In that particular case, Feudalism probably was the best answer. Spread-out empire, few food bonus, low fresh water, etc.

As long as you have room to expand, and can keep your cities on the smallish side, I agree, Feudalism would beat Republic. However, once those towns start growing, Republic or even Monarchy would be better.

Also, Research would be hampered in Feudalism due to lack of cashflow (although if you had that big of a military, you probably wouldn't need too much Research--just overwhelm your neighbors even w/ inferior units.)

Steven
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Yeah I know it was that game, but was too lazy to go check on the settings.
                That is why I said the number of troops he had was reasonable. He had 40 ciies and until 1300's AD to build them.
                Maybe AAHZ has hit on a new improve strategy, that is why I am interested in the settings to see if it is sensible and possible.

AAHZ maybe you could just post a save where you are researching Fuedalism and save me some work?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:58.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I am pretty sure that the happiness changes from regent to emperor

my freinds are use to palying regent, and we recently started a game in emperor (which was soon quit) and they couldn't keep their cities happy

(we ended up with monarch as being a good place between regent and emperor, but I found it a lot easier)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thanks AAHZ, what settings do you use for map size and number of civs?

Comment

AI Bonuses
                        Def Land Units 0 0 0 2 4 6 8 12
                        Off Land Units 0 0 0 1 2 3 4 6
                        Start unit type 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
                        Start unit type 2 0 0 0 0 1 2 2 4
                        Extra free support 0 0 0 4 8 12 16 24
                        Bonus for each city 0 0 0 1 2 3 4 8
                        Max gov transition 0 0 0 4 3 2 2 1
                        Cost factor 20 12 10 9 8 7 6 4
                        AI to AI trade 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 200

Comment

These never come out well:

Other variables
                          Citizens born content 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1
                          Citizens quelled 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
                          Att bonus vs barbs 800 400 200 100 50 25 0 0
                          Percent optimal cities 100 95 90 85 80 70 60 50

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

I forgot is the CivIII/PTW and C3C. Anyway you can look in the editor for the current values as it some times gets tweaked.

The first born is unhappy at Monarch and above.

Whoops never mind, Fuedalism only exist in C3C, so are you using the 1.15 patch?
                              Last edited by vmxa1; January 22, 2004, 19:07.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X