No announcement yet.

Beta Patch 1.13 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well off to try out 1.13 then. I have just got to the part of the game where I build up the second core(Actually I building the FP in less than optimal location, but the demands of the game make it necessary). So I'll quickly be able to report back about the FP.

Aggie
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest update

Originally posted by JesseSmith
      This was a patch that was released to a few people to review and IS NOT an official patch release. If you do download it, YOU MUST INSTALL V1.12 FIRST!

To prevent too much confusion regarding the patches, the next one will not be released until the end of next week. It will be a full Beta patch (as opposed to v1.13 which is just an update) and include all of the required files.

PLEASE NOTE: v1.13 has an altered corruption calculation so dont be surprised if it feels very different.

A full non-Beta patch version will be released at the end of February.

Thanks for the support!

Comment

So 1.13 is unofficial beta, while next 1.14 will be official beta patch?

Comment

Originally posted by player1
          So 1.13 is unofficial beta, while next 1.14 will be official beta patch?
          Yes.

1.13 was not released to the public (therefore unofficial) It was released orriginally on a few forums so dedicted players, mod makers and ex-beta testers could try out the new corruption changes. Tavis (Jesse Smith) then said it could be released to anyone who wanted to try it out. It is beta and therefore not supported by Atari.

The next patch 1.14 will be a beta made more generally available. But will not be on the Atari website. Then at the end of February (current time frame) an offficial Atari release will be put on their website.

It is only people that access these forums who are getting the chance to help test the development of the next publically availabe patch.
          "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK
            It was released orriginally on a few forums so dedicted players, mod makers and ex-beta testers could try out the new corruption changes. Tavis (Jesse Smith) then said it could be released to anyone who wanted to try it out. It is beta and therefore not supported by Atari.

It is only people that access these forums who are getting the chance to help test the development of the next publically availabe patch.
            I hope you're not a PR guy for Firaxis/Breakaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK
              The next patch 1.14 will be a beta made more generally available. But will not be on the Atari website. Then at the end of February (current time frame) an offficial Atari release will be put on their website.
              Strange, I think that Jesse said at civfantics forums that next beta will be available at atarisupport.com like 1.12 was.

Comment

Working...
              X