Clear All

• Beta Patch 1.13 Released

Get it from this thread.

v1.13 BETA
    * Fixed Random Civ MP Launch OOS
    * Adjusted Corruption Calculations
    Capitals (Palace, FP, SPHQ) have very little corruption
    Max Corruption is now 90%
    FP & SPHQ now give 50% more cities to your optimal city count (This makes it extremely valuable to the AI)
    * Secret Police HQ no longer gives effects when player leaves Communism
    * Updated Civilopedia.txt Forbidden Palace to explain that all cities are still affected by distance from the Real Capital.
    * Fixed Credit Typos
    Staff Member of CDG

sweet

Comment

now i have to make everyone patch all the PBEMs... AGAIN!
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Max Corruption is now 90%

Now, all you need to do is make this apply to the "real" corruption value... making courthouses et al a lot more effective without actually upping their effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX

now i have to make everyone patch all the PBEMs... AGAIN!
          I don't think it matters. I'm pretty sure I've played PBEMs with the 1.0 version and loaded 1.12 games.

Another patch. Most excellent!

Comment

Re: Beta Patch 1.13 Released

Originally posted by Micaelis Rex

FP & SPHQ now give 50% more cities to your optimal city count (This makes it extremely valuable to the AI)

This is weird. Of course it succeeds in reducing Corruption, but it helps the human a lot more than the AI, since human players on average build a lot more cities. I'm trying to figure out why this was thrown in...

Dominae
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Party on.

Comment

Is this real? And I'm sorry, but I've never heard of cdgroup.org

For those of us who are paranoid, do we have any word as to the validity of this patch from the Apolyton management?
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Besides, the Firaxis web site makes no mention of this patch as far as I can tell...
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

CDGroup is a legit site, it is the home of the best Civ3 modding community there is. It took part of the ISDG, and is organizing the C3C ISDG. And the patch was released by Tavis, who said that anyone may download it. Hope that clears things up a bit.
                    Staff Member of CDG

Comment

Ah, OK. Fair enough (Thanks for the clarification Micaelis)... but my question is this: Is it supported by Firaxis? If it isn't then legally it is not a legal "patch" but rather a form of a mod to the game. Can you clarify this point? Thanks.

Comment

It is a beta patch, so no it isn't official per se. Though it is an official beta patch.
                        Staff Member of CDG

Comment

Re: Re: Beta Patch 1.13 Released

Originally posted by Dominae

This is weird. Of course it succeeds in reducing Corruption, but it helps the human a lot more than the AI, since human players on average build a lot more cities. I'm trying to figure out why this was thrown in...

Dominae
                          Assuming one of the reasons the AI floundered in the late game and had trouble going for domination was it's preference to stay below (or even relatively near) the OCN, maybe we'll see more AIs getting bigger and doing it faster?

Humans seem much better at fighting, or at least working around, corruption than the AI - we can already have vast, sprawling empires where even super-ultra-mega corrupt cities are contributing to the empire in the way of taxmen and scientists. The AI can't compete here, so maybe less corruption for human and AI will benefit the AI at least as much as the human.

Additionally, with the AI's notoriously bad FP placement, this could help them more than it helps the human, since distance corruption still applies. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this actually seems to me to remove some of the human advantage that came with optimal FP placement and palace moves and such.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Edit: I wonder if that +50% comes before or after the Commercial-trait boost in the calculation order...

Edit2: Downloaded and installed. No strange alerts from Zone Alarm and the version number on the main screen is now 1.13, so it's either legit or a very good fake. I vote for legit.
                          Last edited by ducki; January 7, 2004, 01:33.
                          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Well, first off, GODDARNIT I LOVE FIRAXIS / BREAKAWAY!!

arty:

Bbut I gotta throw this in: What are we doing wrong here at 'poly that we are not the center, the source, the home of all things true and good when for Civ3?

AArrgghh.

But again, kudos to the developers!
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Is this real? And I'm sorry, but I've never heard of cdgroup.org

Wittlich, are you trying to say you have never even investigated the Double Your Pleasure (DyP) mod???

cdgroup.org is a good place to go to investigate it. The actual DyP mod is HERE. DyP is not for C3C, they are doing the C3C mod under the name of Rise and Rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X