No announcement yet.

Not so Industrious in C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i usually have 3-5 native workers that i pay for, and the rest (15-20) are slaves that don't cost squat. Love it!

I often find myself starting wars, just because i see undefended workers that i can snatch real quick to boost my 'force'! Though thats just real early in the game, when other civs are easy to make peace with. Though all those slaves still have their uses up till the modern age!

Comment

In my current game I really miss the old industrious trait and the half speed for slaves. As a non industrious civ I had (after rep parts) 8 natives and 20 slaves to get one pollution tile on a mountain cleared. That is painful.

Comment

Hehe they work for free..........stop whining.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
          This brings up a question. Foreign nations assimilate at the end of each era, right?
          It's not at the end of each era.

There is an editor field called "Assimilation Chance" (Gov tab), which ranges from 1% to 4% - not sure if there is anything else affecting the assimilation speed, but this suggests it's at least partially random with a probability tied to the government type.

Comment

Is that chance for each foreign citizen, or for each city with them?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

each citizen
              Slave workers.Free=Good
              Devout Believer of the Invisible Pink unicorn

Comment

Industrious is still terrific.

One just needs more slaves.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I don't know about terrific, but not being industrious is painful.

Comment

From you, vmxa1, that is high praise.

'Nuff said.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack

It's not at the end of each era.

There is an editor field called "Assimilation Chance" (Gov tab), which ranges from 1% to 4% - not sure if there is anything else affecting the assimilation speed, but this suggests it's at least partially random with a probability tied to the government type.
                      I thought I had read somewhere it was related to the culture in that city, or the culture per turn. Sort of the same idea as in flipping.

Am I crazy, or have others got this info stuck in their brain as well?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                        I don't know about terrific, but not being industrious is painful.
                        I myself never played industrious civs to that extent that I miss the trait when I don´t have it so when I do get around playing an industrious civ it all feels like a big bonus

edit: for me it´s painful not beeing religious
                        You saw what you wanted
                        You took what you saw
                        We know how you did it
                        Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Industrious is balanced now; it's nice, just not the ubertrait like before. When you played a non-industrious Civ before it was awful in comparison.

Comment

afaik assimilation is part total culture and new city culture per turn and new civ gov type vs old civ's gov type. i think the we love the * day has an effect too.

Comment

Originally posted by smellymummy
                              afaik assimilation is part total culture and new city culture per turn and new civ gov type vs old civ's gov type. i think the we love the * day has an effect too.
                              Can you, unlike me, remember from whence this info came?
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Off topic a bit - I always thought it a bit odd that I could have slave workers, even when in a democracy. Good thing there aren't any Abolutionists around .

Comment

Working...
                                X