Not so Industrious in C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so Industrious in C3C

While reading through the fora, I keep seeing several posts saying that the Industrial trait has been nerfed in C3C.

Granted, I've only played a few epic games (and only 1 as Industrious--Maya), but I've failed to see this 'nerfing'.

Two reasons come to mind:
    1. It's really not that bad.
    2. (more likely) My inattentiveness has kept me from seeing it.

So, I ask those whom may know (or just think they know),

How has the Industrial trait been toned-down in C3C, exactly?

Thanks,

Steven
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

The bonus to workers was toned down from 100% to 50%. Example: Say it would take a non-industrious worker 4 turns to complete a job. In PTW, it would have taken an industrious worker 2 turns to complete that job, while in Conquests it takes an industrious worker 3 turns to complete the same job.

Comment

Aahh. OK, come to think of it, it did seem that roads were taking a bit longer than I thought they should've. However, it was harder to tell because of all the Slaves that I got as the Maya. I just blamed it on Slaves/Government.

Thank you Rothaerill.

So, I guess that makes Democracy and Fascism even more desireable. (Along w/ Replaceable Parts)

Steven
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

also, slave workers don't recieve a bonus any more for industrious civs.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

And they pain of non industrious civs tring to RR is so great. Especially with lots of slaves in ratio to native workers.
          You keep adding another and another worker to get the job done. You find yourself wonder if it will ever be done. Thanks so much for replacement parts to give us some help. I haved actually move it up on my research list from the old days so ease my grief.

Comment

Always hated using those lazy slaves. Anyway to improve their speed?
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

nope. nothing other than standard worker improvements.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

You're not paying for them, don't complain

Actually...
                You are probably ticking a civ off
                (a good thing however )
                It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                  Always hated using those lazy slaves. Anyway to improve their speed?
                  Excuse me if this is too obvious... but personally I take the slaves to increase the pop of a city with at least 10 shields, and I build a 'true' worker to replace it.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

The thought had occurred to me, but the idea of a unit with no maintenance is TOO good for me to pass up
                    It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                    She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                      Excuse me if this is too obvious... but personally I take the slaves to increase the pop of a city with at least 10 shields, and I build a 'true' worker to replace it.
                      Slave-laundering? I like it!
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

It's a good change too.........the trait is no longer imbalanced with the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

True, but one of the negative aspects is a greater war weariness factor in those cities if you happen to fight their mother country (not if its already 'disappeared' of course).

AJ
                          " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                          - emperor level all time
                          - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

I always use the slaves, never add them to cities. They are free maitenance and war weariness is a pain when you fight their mother country as stated, especially on Emperor level.

Comment

This brings up a question. Foreign nations assimilate at the end of each era, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X