Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the BETA patch fix the agriculture bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the BETA patch fix the agriculture bug?

I noticed a bug with Agricultural Civs. All cities (except capital) are missing the extra food in the center square. They only start with 2 food when founded, this should be 3 (the civpedia says the trait gives one extra food in the center square for all cities)

despotism penalities. fresh water. k thx.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Hmm the way I read it, I thought it would be a flat bonus no matter what gov type. Kinda makes the trait weak at first glance, but I'll have to play around with it some.
      Last edited by Artifex; December 26, 2003, 17:27.

Comment

There was a bit of discussion about this in a separate thread. Its easy to miss (and the manual is vague on so many things).

I wouldn't have known it either if it had not been mentioned here at Apolyton.

Comment

It isn't a bug. You get three food from the city tile unless in despotism or anarchy. If the city is adjacent to fresh water you get the 3 food even under despotism.

Makes rivers important but can be quite a boost if you have them in the early game.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

+1 food in every city unconditionally would make Agricultural civs powerful to the point of unbalancing, since the bonus applies to the most critical expansion period. The restriction still comes off when you switch to another government, which makes a beeline for Monarchy or Republic not a bad idea. There's often freshwater somewhere near your starting point, so I don't think it's weak by any means...in fact I think the Maya are one of the most powerful civs, since Industrious+Agricultural = speed machine (not to mention the Javelin Throwers create workers, who in turn benefit from the Industrious trait...it does apply to enslaved workers, doesn't it?)
            I AM.BUDDHIST

Comment

I read somewhere that +1 food to all cities (as well as half-price Granaries) were tested in the Beta, but found to be too strong, so they toned Ag's qualities back as posted by others here.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
              X