No announcement yet.

Should curragh's carry a unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curraghs are pretty useless for suicide runs, unless you've got seafaring or unless you can see land.

I wonder if they should have an attack and defense of zero.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I find curraghs to be great for scouting and making contact with other civs. And I have made some successful suicide runs with them.

Che - attack of zero, fine. But a defense of zero? Barb galleys can show up pretty quickly, and then your curragh is pretty much useless.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I really don't think curraghs should be able to defeat galleys. It would also make those dang pirates have some point, since usually all they do is crash against my curraghs and die.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Depending on difficulty level and barb settings, curraghs don't survive too long once barb galleys show up.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

chegitz - just give them -1 hps then.

Comment

Originally posted by donZappo
              Heh, you called it a trireme. Now there's a flashback...
              I remember in the days of Civ1 (actually it was before they even started numbering it) we used to say, "Build a Trireme. If you Try it, you'll get Reamed!" (due to the propensity of them sinking in non-coastal squares).

Just a blast from the past.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                Depending on difficulty level and barb settings, curraghs don't survive too long once barb galleys show up.
                I had a Curragh that took-out 6 Barb Galleys. It was kinda cool to have this 2-hp Elite unit sailing around making contact with everyone. Too bad it lost its status when I upgraded it.
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Hehe, don't you just love those super-curraghs

Granted, a unit-carrying curragh would be more useful than the 'standard' one, but a seagoing scout is still highly useful (besides, what do you expect for only 15s?). Gives you a bucketload of contacts and nice maps. The 0-attack makes sure OTHER civs don't attacks you until they get galleys. Oh, they can't demand that you retreat from their territory either

In sum, I really like them and feel they give good value for money(well, shields actually).
                  Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
                  X