Should curragh's carry a unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should curragh's carry a unit?

I think curragh's should be able to carry a unit. Islands were settled in the Aegean long before the advent of triereme's.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Maybe so, but they do not allow it in the game, so as to effect game play. Nothing to do with reality.

Comment

Heh, you called it a trireme. Now there's a flashback...

Comment

Not a bad suggestion, and one propsed for the AU mod in the Strat forum. Curraghs and Galleys are IMO for short-trip exploration (as in not suiciding for long distnace contacts) and settlement over the same range. Thus having a unit on Curraghs would be a fine thing.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

That would be a bad idea having Curragh's with 1 transport capacity. It would only speed up the time for expansion and exploration, and that happens too fast as is.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

The Mesopotamian conquests has the Curragh with a transport of 1. I think it should depend on the map size. A smaller map wouldn't necessarily need the transport.

Comment

if you give them a transport of 1, make them "wheeled" and make sea/ocean impassible to wheeled. they'd only be able to colonize islands connected by "coastal" squares.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The curraghs are meant to be naval scouts. No need for them to carry units in the epic game, at least for this low price.

Comment

especially not until they address the issue of the ai not using them.

Comment

The AI would use them if they have the transport capability. As it is they are 'power' units only to be used for attacking.
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Curraghs as they stand shouldn't be made even more useful by giving them this capacity. If you want transport capacity research MM.

Comment

Even more useful!?! As it is, they're nothing more than glorified water scouts. The purpose of ships has always been transportation or ships to attack the transports. There's no point in having a warship before you have something to sink.

I wonder if barbarians should have curraghs instead of galleys.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I tend to play continent or archipelago maps and curraghs are a real boost to human exploration - very important with communications and map trading pushed on into the medieval. I am usually finding myself playing tech broker for most of the ancient era before the AI's get round to galleys and making their own contacts. IMO curraghs are a major boost to the human player as it is without any further improvement.
                          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            Even more useful!?! As it is, they're nothing more than glorified water scouts.

I think you need to use them better.

Comment

It would be useful to have them transport at least 1 unit. That way, you could pop the 'goody huts' that you find with your curraghs. As it is, you can find the huts, but they are essentially useless.

I think I will add this in my next mod.
                              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X