No announcement yet.

How to stop the AI from Raising cities!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop the AI from Raising cities!

In developing a scenario I've discovered that the AI is raising cities rather than capturing them, which stops them advancing on a front.

I raised the Optimal # of cities in the world size settings (ie to 200) and this didn't work either.

Can anyone assist?

Or is there a way to disable rasing cities full stop in the game (I have conquests!)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Anyone??

Comment

Is this scenario with fixed cities or more like a mod? A workaround can be to make victory locations "under" each city. Am not sure how this would affect your scenario though...

Comment

Re: How to stop the AI from Raising cities!

Originally posted by Colwyn
        In developing a scenario I've discovered that the AI is raising cities rather than capturing them, which stops them advancing on a front.

I raised the Optimal # of cities in the world size settings (ie to 200) and this didn't work either.

Can anyone assist?

Or is there a way to disable rasing cities full stop in the game (I have conquests!)
        Well, let's consider something now. An AI needs to see what's underneath a city from time to time, doesn't it? Alright then, how do you expect to see what's underneath something if you don't raise it up?

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by MoonWolf
          Is this scenario with fixed cities or more like a mod? A workaround can be to make victory locations "under" each city. Am not sure how this would affect your scenario though...
          Yes its fixed cities I'll try that nice idea, I had planned to put victory location in many cites but I guess I can for all even if its about 50.

Comment

To reduce it to a acceptable level set optimal # cities in world sizes to 1000 and for citys larger than 10 it helps if a current wonder is present.

Comment

I also think that if you could create your larger cities and have a few foreign citizens in it to begin with then the AI will never raise.

How can I do this is the editor?? there must be a way??

Comment

Speaking of razings, why is ther no animation when a city gets razed?
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

To reduce it to a acceptable level set optimal # cities in world sizes to 1000
                  Doesn't work for my Rome mod, the AI continues to raze 90% of the cities it captures.

Victory Point: no effect, most VP cities were razed.
                  Resource: cities with luxuries or strategic resources are seldom razed.
                  Wonder: cities with great wonders are seldom razed.

Maybe adding a useless strategic resource underneath a city will prevent it from ever being razed by the AI?
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

[bfg9000] Very funny, love it!

The point, of course, is that when you burn something to the ground it is spelt RAZE, not RAISE. I'm puzzled by how anyone who has played this game can not know this - do people not read what the characters in the game say?

Comment

One way to get 100% no razing of cities by the AI is to use Grampos's save game editor and make 1 or 2 of your scenarios citizens the AI's nationality.

Comment

Remember to turn off assimilation if you do that -- otherwise, they'll eventually "turn", and you'll be back to square one.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                        X