Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preferred Government: what does that mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you really start messing with the corruption/happiness model for preferred and shunned governments then you really run into a major balance issue. You would make civs like the Celts very powerful early game while the Arabs might be hopelessly left behind. I think that a change to this, no matter how minor, would have pretty pronounced effects during the game. Plus, giving a bonus to civs that prefer republic would make a powerful position even more pronounced during the middle ages. You could always make each civ have only mid to late game governments be their preferred/shunned governments, but I don't think this is a great solution. I like the idea of incorperating anarchy length into this model. It would definitely be a step in the right direction. I almost wish that you could choose your next government as soon as anarchy started just so the game could determine if you were going to a preferred or shunned government as this would really allow a lot of flexibility with changing anarchy length.

That being said, I think it might be interesting in a mod, or even in the AU Mod itself, to use "flavors" to try to steer governments towards their preferred government and away from their shunned government. Now each civ would definitely get each government eventually, but this would make it more likely for them to switch to their preferred government (at least for a little while).

Comment

thanks
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
      X