Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preferred Government: what does that mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred Government: what does that mean?

Someone here was doing detailed analyses of the different Civilisations in Conquests but it's no longer on the board and searching with "Civilizations" turns up nothing.

So on to my question. In the Conquests manual, each new Civ is described briefly. One of the items is Preferred Government. In the case of the Mayans, it is Feudalism. Am I correct, then, in thinking that you should get the Mayans into Feudalism and leave them there?

If this information is of any value, where can we find it for all the other Civs -- pre-PTW, that is.
    Jack

The AI chooses that governmanet when playing the Civ

I think they also like you better when you're in that government.

Think of it as a flavor setting for the AI

Comment

Thanks, statusperfect. But that doesn't necessarily make that government the right one for me, the human player, does it? Or does it?
      Jack

Comment

It doesn't affect the game mechanics.

Comment

It doesn't have any known effect on AI government choices -- a civ that shuns democracy will still switch to democracy during peacetime without a second thought.

It has a small effect on AI attitudes towards other civs -- if the Mayans preferred government is Feudalism, then the Mayans will have a slightly better attitude towards civs in Feudalism.

Catt

Comment

While I think it would be interesting to have civs actually go to their preferred government choice and stick in that for a while, I can't imagine how this would be incorporated and have the AI still be competitive. There would be nothing quite like having the Celts be the whipping boy of any post-Ancient era game. I do wish that preferred governments did have a more noticeable effect on the game as it always seemed to me like this was one of the more pointless "features" incorporated into civ diversity.

Comment

It would be really cool if civs had reduced corruption under their preferred government

Comment

It would be really cool if civs had reduced corruption under their preferred government
                Or GA bonus

Comment

I would like to see some muscle added to the shunned/fav gov aspects as well. I like the reduced corruption idea.

Comment

How about changing the number of turns it takes to switch from one government to another? If you are in your preferred government it'll take you longer to change, if you are in your shunned government, arnachy will only last one turn.
                    Wouldn't be applicable to for religous civs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
                      How about changing the number of turns it takes to switch from one government to another? If you are in your preferred government it'll take you longer to change, if you are in your shunned government, arnachy will only last one turn.
                      Wouldn't be applicable to for religous civs, though.
                      GREAT IDEA!!

Comment

Yes, that would be a perfect way to implement it.
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Reduced corruption and/or increased happiness in the preferred gov. would also be nice. Would make for an actual tangible reason for human players to even pay attention to PG.

Comment

Also good ideas. I'd prefer reduced corruption, because I think increased happiness would be to powerful. Imagine having one more happy face per city. Mayby one extra content face per city instead.

Comment

Yes, a one level CN corruption in prefered govts make the most sense to me. (Equivlent to an extra Court House or Police Station in every city.)

Maybe a one level CN INCREASE in corruption for the shunned govt as well?
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X