resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resources

How does one increase the amount of all resources placed when generating a new map?

In the editor go to "Natural resources" when editing the rules. For each resource there is an appearance probability. Increase this for the ones you want to appear more often, applay nad regenerate. I haven't tested this but it should increase the number of resources appearing.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Yeah, doesn’t work with bonus or luxury resources though.

Comment

Yes it does with luxury resources. Give the lux a value (greater than the 0 it starts with), save the .bix file and regenerate. You will see tonnes of Dyes (for example), on a Tiny map if you set an appearance probability to 320, for instance.

True, I haven't found a way to do it with bonus resources. There may be a hardcoded value here.
        Consul.

Comment

hmmm, intresting. i will give it a look. thanks!

Comment

ok, then how about setting the bonus resources temporarily as strategic resources. the general/redistribute and change them back to bonuses?
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

The new resource distribution in C3C is far more balanced and interesting. That's the last thing I'd want to play with in the editor.
              AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
              Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
              Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                ok, then how about setting the bonus resources temporarily as strategic resources. the general/redistribute and change them back to bonuses?
                I tried that - didn't seem to make a difference, at least on my single test. But then again, when changing the appearance probability for Iron or Dyes, one test clearly showed a much higher incidence.

Remember that the bonus resources depend heavily on how much of a certain terrain type is around - you cna;t have much gold if there are few hills/Mts, for example.

But my feeling is that it doesn't work. Could be a nice thing to have added in a patch, if at all possible, Firaxis?
                Consul.

Comment

I agree. All i found that it did was increase the amount of resources in a cluster, from 2-4. It did not increase the availability.

Comment

Working...
                  X