No announcement yet.

dont get any miltary leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that they really aren't the same thing, unless you want to rush a factory with a SGL, I don't find it odd at all. Especially since MGLs have been well and truely nerfed (pretty well).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

thanks for your replies

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
        of all the games of civ3 Ive only had MGL and armies in one of them.
        bad luck, eh? even I as a persistent builder have had MGLs and armies in most of my games.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i think its stupid to have military leaders occur so rarely. this leaves the entire concept of armies out of many games since theres no other way to build them other than using a leader for your first...

Comment

Originally posted by zzarkov
            i think its stupid to have military leaders occur so rarely. this leaves the entire concept of armies out of many games since theres no other way to build them other than using a leader for your first...
            You have MGLs appear rarely? I get too many, when fighting as a non Militaristic...
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
              Considering that they really aren't the same thing, unless you want to rush a factory with a SGL, I don't find it odd at all. Especially since MGLs have been well and truely nerfed (pretty well).
              I can't say that MGL's have been nerfed, unless you lean on GL's to build wonders with, as armies have gotten a major upgrade.
              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

In all my years of playing Civ 3 and PTW I've only gotten about 5 MGLs the entire time. If I ever got any MGLs in Conquests it would probably be more than before.

Comment

I actually used to get quite a few MGL's with vanilla civ3, but with each patch/expansion, I have seen less and less of them...
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                    In all my years of playing Civ 3 and PTW I've only gotten about 5 MGLs the entire time. If I ever got any MGLs in Conquests it would probably be more than before.
                    Wow, I guess the game that I got 55 would have freaked you out.
                    I think I saw someone on CFC get 78. Of course 1 or 2 was the not unusual either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

I can't say that MGL's have been nerfed, unless you lean on GL's to build wonders with, as armies have gotten a major upgrade.
                      Armies are good, but GWs are better.

Actually, I enjoy the new model more. I have to earn it to build every wonder outside of the Ancient age. War was getting boring. Go to war with knights to get the leaders to build the wonders every freekin' game. I didn't want to help myself 'cause I'm a wonder junkie.

Now I have to play better and plan better, except rarely when I get lucky with one or two SGLs. That's the point, getting GLs was no longer a matter of good luck, but the careful waging of war. Bad luck could always strike, but not usually.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Armies are good, but GWs are better.
                        Can't argue with you there

Actually, I enjoy the new model more. I have to earn it to build every wonder outside of the Ancient age. War was getting boring. Go to war with knights to get the leaders to build the wonders every freekin' game. I didn't want to help myself 'cause I'm a wonder junkie.
                        I am also a wonder junkie, but I usually get my empire in order first before waging war, and by the time I get my first MGL most of the ancient wonders are built and probably Sun-Tzu's and Leo's as well. By the time I get the MGL production line going it is too late for most wonders. This is the reason that I aplaud the upgrade of the Armies. Also I was getting tired of the wonder cascade which C3C has done a wonderful job of squashing.

Now I have to play better and plan better, except rarely when I get lucky with one or two SGLs. That's the point, getting GLs was no longer a matter of good luck, but the careful waging of war. Bad luck could always strike, but not usually.
                        Use your most productive cities for wonders (usually your first four and an aditional high shield site; with camps (small cities) for unit and settler production.
                        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                        X