dont get any miltary leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont get any miltary leaders

playing as maya. its now about 1800 bc and there been some major fighting going on.

in PTW i noticed that when a elite unit conquers a city theres a very good chance it get promoted, in fact almost every time a city get conquered the first unit in gets promoted.

now in c3c i havent got a single military leader which seems very strange.

could this be due to the fact that im still holding on to my scientific leader. can you only have one at a time?

regards,
    zz

Re: dont get any miltary leaders

Originally posted by zzarkov

could this be due to the fact that im still holding on to my scientific leader. can you only have one at a time?
    maybe.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

no, you can have both, and in fact, you can have multiple sci leaders at once.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I was wondering about multiple Sci leaders. Thanks.
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Re: dont get any miltary leaders

Originally posted by zzarkov

Yes, that's probably why. The game has always only allowed one Leader at a time and I suspect that the rules haven't changed as far as that's concerned, even though it's a Scientific Leader, not a Military one.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
            So you've actually had that happen? And I was wondering if the Heroic Epic makes any difference as far as Scientific Leaders are concerned. Or does it only affect your Military Leader odds?

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

So you've actually had that happen? And I was wondering if the Heroic Epic makes any difference as far as Scientific Leaders are concerned. Or does it only affect your Military Leader odds?
              I've had it happen. I got it for one tech and was saving the leader until one of my cities finished building a needed unit so I could start a GW and rush it when a few turns later the next tech was done and I got another leader. What was strange is that both the leaders had the same name, even though the editor shows multiple leader names.

I haven't yet had a SL and a ML at the same time, but that's more than likey just due to luck of the draw as far as timing.

Comment

I have had a MGL in play when a SGL showed up.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilKosh

I've had it happen. I got it for one tech and was saving the leader until one of my cities finished building a needed unit so I could start a GW and rush it when a few turns later the next tech was done and I got another leader. What was strange is that both the leaders had the same name, even though the editor shows multiple leader names.

I haven't yet had a SL and a ML at the same time, but that's more than likey just due to luck of the draw as far as timing.
                  Maybe it only crosses the leader off its list when you use it....
                  A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

And I was wondering if the Heroic Epic makes any difference as far as Scientific Leaders are concerned. Or does it only affect your Military Leader odds?
                    HE makes no difference in SGL or MGL showing up directly. It does increase the chances of making promotions, which indirectly increase the chances of getting an MGL.

Comment

In one of my games, I've had several battles vs. other nations without any MGLs. Very disturbing, since I'm a militaristic nation.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

HE makes no difference in SGL or MGL showing up directly. It does increase the chances of making promotions, which indirectly increase the chances of getting an MGL.
                        The HE does directly increase the rate of getting MGL's (from 1/16 to 1/12 attacking and 1/32 to 1/24 defending). Although I believe that the rate of getting a SGL is hardcoaded at 3% for non scientific civ's and 5% for scientific civ's.

It took me about 50 elite victories to get my first MGL (which are only really useful for armies and palaces anymore) and 7 with my next 50 (with 2 coming within the next three elite wins after my first MGL)
                        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Is this by design, IE delibirate or that it is an eugh oversight. Not sure I like this...
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

of all the games of civ3 Ive only had MGL and armies in one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Is this by design, IE delibirate or that it is an eugh oversight. Not sure I like this...
                              Impossible to know really, the likelihood of having multiple SGLs at the same time is slim no matter what you do. even if you are the first to research almost every tech. With an overly militaristic approach you could always greatly increase your chances of getting an MGL, so it makes some sense that you are restricted to one at a time of them.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X