MPP, War and peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPP, War and peace

I'm a little surprised this is still in the game.

I was leading a coalition against Sumeria. Sensing defeat after several turns of warfare, the Sumerians made peace with the Zulus. I have an MPP with the Zulus.

The next turn, the sumerian forces cross the border into my territory, MPP triggers and Zulus are at war again. This happened TWICE! in the same war.

While it can be seen as AI insencerity, we all know there is a lack of communication between the AI modules.
    The leader AI wants to limit the number of fronts, and correctly makes peace. But at the same time, it is still at war with me, and so it attacks, not realizing by doing so nullifies its original intent.

This is costly for the AI since I assume they have to give something to the Zulus each time they made peace.

This needs to be fixed. Was always a problem and i'm amazed it's still in the game.
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Good point. I think the MPP should be negated when one party makes a seperate peace with a common enemy.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Actually, the Napoleanic scenario fixes this problem to some extent; when one member of a locked alliance makes peace with an enemy, all members of the locked alliance enjoy that peace as well. Too bad locked alliances aren't selectable in the main game....
      Friedrich Psitalon
      Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
      Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
        Good point. I think the MPP should be negated when one party makes a seperate peace with a common enemy.
        What would be ideal (and won't happen) is if the MPP partners could negotiate a 3-way peace. Thus, the choice wouldn't be violating the MPP or waiting until expiration to make peace.
        "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Originally posted by G'Kar

What would be ideal (and won't happen) is if the MPP partners could negotiate a 3-way peace. Thus, the choice wouldn't be violating the MPP or waiting until expiration to make peace.
          Definitely agree. I was trying to think of an "easy" solution that might actually find it's way into the game.

Another option would be the ability to form alliances in the epic game. But I'm about to go into extreme-wishful-thinking mode......
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I have noticed this as well and started a thread called "Is the AI more warlike?" on this forum. I'm glad to see some more information on this.

I not sure if a "patch" or a "mod" or something else is needed, but the AI indulges in self defeating behavior still. Thanks for confirming my suspicion dexters.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
            X