• Show
Clear All

Dutch: Amsterdam
    what other cities can they build?
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
      Vanilla Coke tastes bad.
      My girlfriend looked really hot yesterday.
      The Eagles will win MNF tonight vs. Packers.

That's about it off the top of my head.....
      Somebody's padding his post count to make Prince!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi

Vanilla Coke tastes bad.
        My girlfriend looked really hot yesterday.
        The Eagles will win MNF tonight vs. Packers.

That's about it off the top of my head.....
        Thanks for the laugh. That was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
          Since Akkad is right next to Babylon, he'd be a better candidate for the Babylonians.
          Akkad (or Agade) predates Babylon by many, many centuries. It was a Sumerian city-state and its lineage of kings is given in the ancient Sumerian texts. It wasn't a Babylonian city.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sumer and Akkad

So when it came down to it, was it to be Sumeria, "the first civilization, " or Akkadia , "the first empire" that was to be included in the new expansion?

It looks like old Sargon of Akkad didn't conquer the Sumerians this time.

I don't think Sargon would be good as a leader for Sumer or Babylon. He'd be best as the leader of his own culture, the Akkadians. Although, if any subsequent Mesopotamian culture were Sargon's heirs, it would have to be the Assyrians.

In example, we have the Assyrian King Sargon II, without any antecedent of the same name.

Give us Assyria!
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I'd prefer Assyria over the Hittites.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I'd prefer Assyria over the Sumerians.

The Hittites had a very influential position.

Sargon the first isn't Assyrian (although the Argade (Old Akkadian) Empire did conquer the region). Since Civ3 doesn't add generations (Cleopatra, not Cleopatra VII) Sargon II would be confused for Sargon of Akkad. Tigleth-Pileser (I don't think I spelled that right), Ashurnasirpal, or Ashurbanipal would make good leader choices.
                Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

No, Sargon I (of Akkad) isn't Assyrian. My point was only that his "heirs" to the suzerainty of northern Mesopotamia were the Assyrians, and that this is refelected in their monarch, Sargon II.

And no, Sargon II would not be the ideal choice for an Assyrian Civ3 leader, especially when compared with Assurnasirpal, Assurbanipal, Tiglath-Pileser, or perhaps the likes of Sennacherib or Shalmaneser.

My personal choice would be Tiglath-Pileser -- the quintessential Assyrian sovereign.
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I'd have to agree, but this is getting off-topic
                    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Well, since I started this thread anyway, i'm not terribly concerned...

Comment

I saw "lol" for a barbarian city. Is that new?

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                          Pictures?
                          Here you go:

...I actually know the guy who started that site (actually, I'm not sure if that's something I should admit ... )

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Somebody's padding his post count to make Prince!
                            Know what really sucks? I thought I automatically got to choose custom avatar at Prince (300 posts). I just found out that I have to wait until 500...

Comment

Don't worry Feephi, the avatars are often disabled anyway.

Comment

So how do you find out how many posts you've made anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X