Anyone got the Bonus CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vmxa1
    Got to love it that people are upset at a FREE CD with gaming material?
    It's not free - the price was pre-ordering it. They didn't go door-to-door handing these CDs out, they where a marketing tool, an incentive to buy the game on release day. But even so, people can critisise it if they want, regardless if it's free. Why not?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yep, I received the bonus CD with my Conquests shipment....though I haven't gotten around to browsing the bonus CD yet.

Comment

I'm slightly annoyed that my pre-ordered Conquests from Amazon did *not* include the bonus CD.

But I'll live.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I got my preorder from gamestop last thursday.

I got TWO bonus CD's.

It has music, some scenarios and graphics upgrades that are available on the net, most of them right here.

So it was a nice thought but if you didn't get it you can probably get most of the stuff right here or one of the other fan sites, so I would not lose much sleep over it.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Oh, you gotta be ****ing kidding me!

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Arrain when I placed my preorder they gave me three of them.
              I sent two back so people like you would not miss out.
              When I finally picked up the game I had to go to another store and you guessed it. They gave me another one.
              Stop by one of the game stores and see if they will give you one.
              It is not a big deal though.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

It's not free - the price was pre-ordering it. They didn't go door-to-door handing these CDs out, they where a marketing tool, an incentive to buy the game on release day. But even so, people can critisise it if they want, regardless if it's free. Why not?
                No kidding, you figured that out all by yourself? Good thing you explained that to me. BTW exactly how much did that preorder cost? Please lighten up.

Comment

Arrian,

I got the bonus CD from Amazon sometime last week (but Conquests itself still hasn't arrived!).

It would be pretty easy to replicate it by dl'ing the material on your own.

I looked at the strategy guide, which was pretty good, but nothing new for forum regulars, and played a couple of turns of the massive American Civil War scenario. A lot of effort put into that one.
                  "It might be a good idea." -- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western Civilization.

Comment

Is it possible to dnload the Civil War scenario anywhere? Or is it exclusive and copyrighted to the CD?

So long...
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Yes, got the bonus CD.

Yes, copied some of the content over.

No, haven't played any of the material on it.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

what bonus cd?
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          what bonus cd?
                          It comes with preorders for C3C at most shops. It contained scenarios, mods, guides and other stuff.

Comment

None of the mods on the CD were in Conquest format. (Either in PTW or Classic Civ) But perhaps there's a tool in the conquest editor to convert a PTW mods into a Conquests ones. (And I assume that I'd have to first convert a classic civ 3 mod to a PTW mod before converting that over to Conquest.)

I skipped over content that wanted to replace the standard bic or bix one and/or place icons into the normal folders of games and just installed the ones that had all their material in their own directory.

I was disapointed that lots of the Games of the Months were merely links back to the site and not on the cd itself.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                              None of the mods on the CD were in Conquest format.
                              Not true. At least one was for Conquests.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Which one Warp, wich one?

Sometimes you are shameless, aren't you...
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X