C3C Armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    The extra move is HUGE. Does a slowmover army, say that 3x Immortal 4/2/2 get blitz too?
    Yes, they do.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I failed to notice the move part, but I had an army of horsemen and they all made elite. It was 15 HP. The move would be useful, but the faster heal seems to be a real danger. Getting it down to 1 HP and having it fully heal two turns later is going to make it a real power mover. The army was in a city with a barracks, so that may be a factor, but before it would have been forever before I could have used them again.

Comment

Early MGLs are far less unbalancing than they used to be in Play the World. Gettting a Great Leader to rush the Pyramids is far great a swing in power than creating a powerful Immortal Army.

I think this makes my opinion clear on early SGLs...

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Dominae how often would you say SGL's appear? I am asking you because you were a beta-tester.

Comment

Approximately 3-5% chance with the first discovery of any tech.

This does not mean much, I know. Let's just say it happens seldom enough early on that it's not unbalancing in general. In those games that it does happen for the human player, it is very unbalancing. Researching The Wheel first and getting a SGL for it usually means game in any MP game, I would imagine in most SP games too.

Dominae
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

You have to think though. Randomness IS Civ 3.

Comment

Just out of vanity, I'd like to see culture specific army graphics, at least in the ancient and middle ages.

Playing Japanese and having a European looking unit walking around my map is really jarring Maybe for the next XP?

Civ 3: Random Additions for your $30
                AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

I don't know how often, but I just a turn where three wonders popped up at once. I suspect that some SGL were involved. One was from the last place civ (ancient age).

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    I don't know how often, but I just a turn where three wonders popped up at once. I suspect that some SGL were involved. One was from the last place civ (ancient age).
                    how can a last place civ manage to get a SGL? Since the civ is in last place, it is unlikely to be the first to discover any techs.

Though I like it if the AI uses SGL to rush wonders, will keep me on my toes.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaSoup
                      how can a last place civ manage to get a SGL? Since the civ is in last place, it is unlikely to be the first to discover any techs.
                      They could have been researching an optional tech that nobody else bothered with. I know this is possible, as I've done it.
                      Seemingly Benign

Comment

Presumably the armies heal fully in two turns only when resting in a barracks. I always thought it a big flaw that armies took forever to heal - after all, if I had three separate units sitting in the barracks, they would all heal within two turns, so how come they don't when they're all in the same army? That's one reason why making an army often wasn't worth it. This change addresses that rather unfair imbalance.

Comment

The new armies are nice. Potent, but not overly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                            Approximately 3-5% chance with the first discovery of any tech.

This does not mean much, I know. Let's just say it happens seldom enough early on that it's not unbalancing in general. In those games that it does happen for the human player, it is very unbalancing. Researching The Wheel first and getting a SGL for it usually means game in any MP game, I would imagine in most SP games too.

Dominae
                            do you think it's better if these guys show up a little more frequently?
                            AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                            Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                            Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
                              do you think it's better if these guys show up a little more frequently?
                              No! I think they happen a little too frequently already. If they happened more often, there'd be no wonders left to rush. In additon, on the upper levels of play, it's the AI that'll be using them to rush stuff, not you.
                              Seemingly Benign

Comment

wait- so if i get an elite modern armour army and the pentagon i can have a 4 move unit with 30 attack strength and 20 HP.

btw, does anyone know if AI army use is improved? I swear i have seen AI armies with a swordsman, jaguar warrior and horsemen in ptw.

Comment

Working...
                                X