C3C Armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C Armies

They get +1 movement, auto-pillage, extra visibility, and faster healing.

But I'm confused about their bonus to attack/defense strength. I've heard lots of different stories. Does anyone know for sure what is the deal?

From a post here or at CFC I cannot locate at the moment, IIRC from Chieftess:
    add 1/6 of A/D strengths,
    with military academy, add 1/4 (not 1/6).

Examples were given to the effect that with military academy, the strengths of a 4-unit army are DOUBLED!

Comment

ya, I was suprised to see the +1 movement.

I can now make a stack of native 1 movement defensive army to keep up with my fast attackers in the ancient and middle ages. works WONDERS..

Comment

OK, so an Army with three Immortals (or Med. Infantry), even without the Mil. Academy becomes a 6-3-2 unit with 12 HP?

That's really hard to believe! Can it be true? A 12 HP unit with Cavalry Stats in Ancient or early Medieval Age? How can this not be unbalancing?

Comment

well..i just made a quickie scenario with a 3 immortal army and stats are 4/2/2. Maybe its 1/6 of A/D stats as a whole. (i.e. a 3 Cavalry army is 7/3/4. In other words u need 6 attack to get a bonus w/o the mil. acadamy.
          Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
          Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

It is a 4/2/2 (I just tried it) with 9 hits (unless you use vets).

It isn't unbalancing if every team can do this or something like this.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

It would only be unbalancing if it was like a UU or a unit that a civ with a certain trait could use; like a scout.

Comment

Well, it would be unbalancing because military leaders are so random. What if you don't get any leaders before your enemy gets two of them and rolls over you?

But as long as there's no crazy bonus to the attack/defense factors, I'm happy.

Comment

The attack / defense bonuis was mentioned in Chieftess' SP strategy guide that came on the Bonus CD and also at Sulla's website (and I repeated the bonus in a thread here before I had the game).

The civilopedia mentions nothing of the bonus (though also doesn't mention the +1 move, the free pillage, etc.) and I haven't bothered to test it in the editor. The civilopedia also mentions nothing of an attck bonus for amphibious units but there seems to be some commentary suggesting that there may be something there.

Back to armies -- since both Chieftess' and Sulla's observations were made and recorded during the beta stage, I am assuming that any bonus was removed prior to the release version. I haven't tested anything.

Catt

Comment

The units in the army now can be upgraded??

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                    Indiana Jones
                    Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

Now, the bonus CT mentions could be a hidden bonus (like the amphibious bonus).

In any case, armies are really worth building and working into your strategies now.
                      Seemingly Benign
                      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                        In any case, armies are really worth building and working into your strategies now.
                        No kidding!!!! What else will you do with your leaders after you've established a second core?

Still, it would be nice to know your odds before attacking fortified musketmen with your old Archer Army!

Comment

Seriously. They've taken away my G.Wonder rushing via leaders, so all I've got left is a Palace move and armies (ok, ok, small wonders/improvements).

The extra move is HUGE. Does a slowmover army, say that 3x Immortal 4/2/2 get blitz too?

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well you can rush wonders with scientific leades, right?

Comment

D'oh! I always forget to go back to the readme. The readme does clarify that armies have blitz (civilopedia not yet updated since blitz was introduced some time ago), that they have +1 movement, and that they heal faster -- though no mention of free pillaging or any bonuses. My own personal speculation is that late in the development period the "bonuses" were removed and replaced with free pillaging.

Catt

Comment

Working...
                              X