What's your first Conquests game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defcon5

Yeah, the Amazonians won't even let you cancel the order. If you cxl C3C you still have to pay for the bonus CD.
    Why would you want to cancel conquests anyways? Conquests plus a bonus CD? sounds way too tempting for me to even dream of canceling
    "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5

Yeah, the Amazonians won't even let you cancel the order. If you cxl C3C you still have to pay for the bonus CD.
      Of the considerable number of items I’ve pre-ordered from Amazon, every one has shipped a day or so early and arrives pretty close to the Tuesday of the release. So I am as surprised as I am aggravated. I am simply assuming they have not received it from the supplier.
      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I'm with Arrian for testing the Mayans out. I want to capture free workers through combat
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Hmmmmm................. toughie

scenario, new civ, old civ, new govt. dat shud do it!
          "Hannibal, the troops bumbling about near Alexandria are stealing chickens and annoying our women. Remove them, please."- Cleopatra.
          "Life is not life without death, and death is not death without life." - Me.
          100% Antartican!!!!! 100% Civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Help me make my scenario-http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1347685#post1347685

Comment

Looks like a few of us have simular thoughts. I was thinking the Mayans have an interesting trait combo.

Comment

I played a bit as the Dutch and the Inca last night. All I can say is: WOW! This game is DIFFERENT!
              You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

I've started a Demigod game as Mayans. I hadnt even built my second city yet and a stack of 6 Incan warriors appeared on the fringe of my capitol. They left me alone.

I also started Middle Ages scenario as Germans.

Comment

Can't tell until I get the thing in my hands (coming sometime from Amazon.ca) but a new civ with one or more new traits should be interesting in an old-style game: pangea, 8 others I think, and so on. Gawd, so far it sounds like a candy store. As I write the above I think, no, I want to try this. Or that. Or that other thing.

I'm not clear on what the new traits are or do. Agriculture, for instance: what happens with it to make the Mayans attractive? I understand industrious, of course. Is there a thread that details the traits?

Hope we're all playing happily soon!
                  Jack

Comment

Where is the:

"I have to find some banana resources quick!"

Choice?
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

1) maya... to try an enslavement unit and agricultural ... probably on a rainforest or desert-world

if enslavement is cool:
                      2a) english @ archipelagio: try seafaring
                      else
                      2b) berserks @ archipelagio: try winning with nearly only berserk and marine (armies)

3) celts @ pangea: very early conquest victory

4) regent game level: try to get those nice new unit-spawning wonders...

on the second day... ... nono, this will keep me busy for a while...

i'll definatly try the japanese scenario soon after...
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I think a WWII European setting would have been more interesting than Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
                          I think a WWII European setting would have been more interesting than Pacific.
                          I agree. Island Hopping is very irritating.

And I must say I'm let down by the Age of Discovery scenario. It seems just like the last one, a little too intense and compacted for me to enjoy.
                          You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

New civ, Netherlands. I was looking for the new traits and this seems like one that the UU will not force me to have a GA before I get comfortable in my chair.

Comment

Working...
                            X