Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I tested that as well as it errors out whether I make a change or not. Are there any logs or error messages I can provide that might be more helpful?

Comment

• There are a session log for each tool session, that is deleted upon normal shutdown. It is named snumber.log in the C3MT directory. Also the actual save that yo work with might come in handy. As well as any error message displayed at the time of crash.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Here's the log file and saved game attached... hope you're able to get something out of them!

The only error messages I get are:

a reference to language files using version 3 instead of 1 or 2 (this is when the editor loads), and

I get a popup that says:

Missing String (POPUPMESSAGES:56)

after I load my game.

Thanks again for any help you can give!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Soundls like you are having an incorrect c3mt.txt file. make sure you replace the one in the program folder with the one in the zip, and also verify that you have language English (default) selected

Comment

- Player data loading changed to no longer search for the upcoming datablock (shall be safer now)
            - SGE: Resource deals can now be CANCELED
            - PCX handling moved to c3mt.dll for faster operations
            - Bug with backup sometimes making saveroutines to fail when there is no file to backup corrected
            - NEW TOOL: Tech Tree Builder
            - Updated aboutbox link to the Apolyton thread, to link to the latest thread
            - Added extra step to UCW to fit more options related to C3C support
            - Fixed missing stealth attack special unit action (and flag offste errors on higher flags)
            - UCW: Updated to correctly change UNITIDs for stealth targets, enslave results and telepads while inserting units in the list
            - Updated BIC organizer to handle units with telepads correctly
            - Corrected bug with Telepad support for units that caused BIC corruption.
            - UCW: Added requirement of Capture special action for PTW and C3C units to have Offensive or Defensive strategies
            - Updated c3mt.dll to version 1.1
            - Compressed c3mt.dll
            - SGE: Chances that a save will be reported as interesting has been lowered even more
            - SGE: A save will no longer be reported interesting more than once
            - Bug with loading and saving of BIQs (and embedded C3C rules) with unset playable civs. (This caused a number of synthoms, as the 1AD bug in any epic C3C save edited)
            - SGE: Map export now sets the filetype header correctly
            - SGE: Bug that made the tool try to set the selected city to the barbarians when updating fields (for example after a mapimport) corrected

Comment

• I did some tests, and I figured that the TechTree Builder looks really bad unless you use Large Fonts (120 dpi) I'll see if I can fix this quickly, or if I have to wait until the next release.

Comment

• Just so you know, upgrading to 1.09 fixed all the popup message errors but the editor still quits when I try to save the game.

Comment

• A quick update to fix the small fonts problem

- TechTree Builder: Fixed problem with Small Fonts settings in Windows
                  - TechTree Builder: Added 50% scalemodel prototype. Currently assigned to double click.

Comment

• I just had time to look at your logfile. Will look at the save before doing version 1.10. Is it similar for other saves too?

Comment

• Well, this is really interesting!

I still can't resave any of the saved games from the 2nd campaign (Rise of Rome). However I picked a random save from the first campaign (Mesopotamia) and was able to save it just fine! I attached the original save that worked, the save that was created when I just resaved it, and another save after boosting my gold way up. Hopefully these help!

-Cliff
                      Attached Files

Comment

• There might be porblems with loacked alliances (I've not had time to look at them yet)

Comment

• I think there's a good chance of that. I started playing scenario 3 (Fall of Rome) and that appears to have the same problem, possibly because of the locked alliance between Western and Eastern Rome. When I get to another scenario that doesn't have a locked alliance I'll have to let you know...

Comment

• below - polish file for 1.09.1

(CG)Mendax
                            Attached Files
                            Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

• Good work Gramphos! The Tech Tree Editor came JUST in time for me!

A few slight problems: it does not show the full screen on my PC. (using 1024x768x32bit). Just the top of Monarchy is showing. I noticed you posted "Added 50% scalemodel prototype. Currently assigned to double click." Double click where? It will still work and save me TONS of time

It does NOT load the background in the same 'tree' as the file loaded. This would be helpful to ensure the 'connectors' are set up right.

Also, how do I move from the Ancient Era?

Thanx Again!

Comment

• double click anywher in the techtree background to change the scalemode.

I'm not sure if there still are any problems with small fonts, but they are believed to be fiexed. (however, I'm using large font settings, and since the computer has to restart if you change it I didn't test it the last thing I did)

As going to another era there shall be a button inn the bottom of the window when you see it all. (there seems to still be some bugs with the scaling model I'll try to see if I can sort it out)

Regarding the background it is loaded from the Scenario search folders as the game does it. I think it searches in the order

Conquests\*EachSearchFolder*\Art\advisor\
                                Conquests\Conquests\*FileName*\Art\advisor\
                                Conquests\Scenarios\*FileName*\Art\advisor\
                                CIV3PTW\*EachSearchFolder*\Art\advisor\
                                CIV3PTW\Scenarios\*FileName*\Art\advisor\
                                Conquests\Art\advisor\
                                Civ3PTW\Art\advisor\
                                Art\advisor\

Does the screen take your full windows? And does it take full width?

Comment

Working...
                                X