Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What OSes have you tried on?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Just windows 2000

Originally posted by Gramphos
      What OSes have you tried on?
      Windows 2000 both my home pc's have it and now only 1 doesn't work but Ive tried on work PC with 2000 and they work fine!

So unless others are reporting the error we can assume at this stage it was my PC for some reason?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
      ---------------------------------------------

Comment

• There are other strange problems reported. For instance a crash when the own civ was selected, but nowhere else.

Comment

• I'm making som progress on the saveformat again, and the next version will be able to delete resource trades

Comment

• Update function worked fine through 1.07; when I try to update to 1.08, I'm getting
            ---------------------------
            Civ3MultiTool
            Run-time error '364':

Object was unloaded
            OK
            Any ideas what's going wrong?

EDIT: got it okay by just downloading the zip. It's crashing on c3c, but I'm using the beta patch on c3c; lemme screw around with it some more.
            Last edited by abuspud; January 24, 2004, 18:23.

Comment

• What update function?

There are just too mush compability code in the program, I really want to recreate the base, but then I would have to have a lot more time. Next version will hopefully have the most stable player loading ever since I've just figured out everything that defines the size of variable sized data in that section.

Comment

• Would anyone become unhappy if the automatic grapics editing, only working with vanilla Civ3, in C3CT got removed with the next version?

Comment

• I loaded a C3C save to change the AI respawn option (I hate playing whack-a-mole and have no idea why it's the default option; I forgot to turn it off at the beginning of the game). The resulting save claims the date is 1 AD (it was 2670 BC) and the date doesn't change from turn to turn. I'm attaching the original.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I'll take a look at it in time. Right now I'm in a phase of chaneing some internal parts of the game and am also thinking of the possibilities of adding a new tool for the next version, but it has to do with the ammount of time I can get available.

More on that later. I'll see when I have tim to look at your save.

Comment

• Now I'm sure that there will be a new tool in the next verion. More on this to come up later.

Comment

• Is there some readme that will tell me what the tool does? After all the time it has been around, I still don't really know.

Comment

• Look it up in the directory. I think I wrote some descriptions of each toolpart iin there.

There also is a readme in the zip-file.

Comment

• Ok, thanks.

Comment

• Gramphos,

Thanks a lot for your effort on this editor. It's a great resource and I've had a lot of fun with it while playing PTW.

I just got Conquests and decided to try and edit one of saved games. I downloaded the 1.02 version, installed it, then downloaded 1.08 and moved the new EXE file into the folder where 1.02 installed. I can open the saves fine, but when I go to resave them it quits with an error. I'm running Windows XP SP1 but saw something mentioned about VB5 run times. Is there something else I need to install?

Thanks!

Comment

• Therre shouldn't be anything else you need to install. The full install includes all required runtime drivers.

Do you get the same error if you resave without doing any edit at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X