Editor Diplomacy options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor Diplomacy options

Ok, I've harped on this point in the past, as it is the crux of my Civ scenario making desires.

I know that we will be able to have Locked Alliances in C3C. That's all well and good, but unless there are options for other diplomatic relations, I'll not find it that useful.

First, what kind of alliances are locked? Just single alliances against one foe, or can you lock mutual protection pacts and RoP agreements?

Ok, now as for the editor...when making a scenario, I want to be able to set the preliminary diplomatic relations, but I don't necessarily want them to be locked for the whole scenario. So could I just determine that so-and-so were allied at the start of the game (and perhaps designate how many turns were left in their alliance)?

Same goes for setting trade deals. Perhaps I want two countries to begin the scenario with a trade agreement. Can I set that?

Also, can we set relationships? I'd like to be able to designate that country A hates country B from the outset, while country A may absolutely love country C.

Can we set what civs any particular civ is in contact with, has embassies with, spies inside, etc?

Finally, I still say we should have the ability to broker peace deals between other countries, like in SMAC. I should be able to say as a condition of a peace treaty that the country makes peace with my ally. Furthermore, wouldn't it be great to have multiple-way peace brokering? Meaning, all parties involved get a seat at the table, and a peace deal has to satisfy them all to end the war. That would add an interesting balancing act to making peace with enemies. I know it would require a lot of new code, though, so I can understand why it wouldn't show up now.

Anyway, if anyone can answer any of the above questions, please do. Thanks.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Re: Editor Diplomacy options

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
    Ok, I've harped on this point in the past....
    I get the feeling you may need to keep harping.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Editor Diplomacy options

Originally posted by Stuie

I get the feeling you may need to keep harping.
      Same here. Although, I have been given faint hope by the press release for the gone gold announcement:

"intense diplomatic situations, and a slew of editor enhancements that round out the packed expansion."

No doubt the hope will soon be crushed like a gentle flower under Firaxis' cold, steel-tipped boots.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Editor Diplomacy options

[Marketing_Hype]

"intense diplomatic situations, and a slew of editor enhancements that round out the packed expansion."
        [/Marketing_Hype]

Comment

Anything concrete on exactly what we can do diplomatically in the editor?

Comment

Locked alliances is the only thing I have seen confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
              Locked alliances is the only thing I have seen confirmed.
              Same here, but that doesn't quite qualify as "intense" in my book.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Editor Diplomacy options

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

No doubt the hope will soon be crushed like a gentle flower under Firaxis' cold, steel-tipped boots.
                I love it when you wax poetic

We'll all just have to wait and see whats in the editor.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Well, we wouldn't have to if some nice Atari/Firaxis person would answer my questions.

That they haven't yet answered these questions leaves me doubtful, since they did the same thing before other releases.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, after the previous Civ3 releases and MoO 3 I have a bitter doubting old gamer.

Comment

Working...
                    X