Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops
    Thanks for the correction Merepatra
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

oops, i just posted this in another thread by a mistake...

Mayans:
      Traits : Agr and Ind
      UU: Javelin Thrower 2/2/1 cost 30
      these seem to be gods! it's an expensive bowman (imho not a very useful unit because neither special offense not special defense), but with enslavement ability! which means early free workers if you dare to rush.
      the traits are probably one of the most powerful combinations (i don't know how good industrial pays out now). i can imagine that this is a killer AI if the computer uses the javelin thrower enough!

Portuguese:
      Traits : Exp and Sea
      UU: Carrack 2/2/4 cost 40
      as someone stated earlier: getting ocean travel with astronomy (so 2-6 techs earlier which means 10-30 turns earlier) means domination to communications. good trading and beeing fortunate that the other continent is rich but behind in techs can be great! also the portuguese have a great advantage when picking out the best islands and unpopulated islands for conquest.

Sumerians:
      Traits : Agr and Sci
      UU: Enkidu Warrior 1/2/1 cost 10
      now this is basicly a very cheap spearman. great for sending off with your settlers (no need to research bronze working) and great with raging barbarians. traits: one of the strongest and one of the weakest, or differently said: one of the best ancient traits (other one expansionist) and one of the best industrial/modern traits (other one commercial).
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

You know, I'm not usually one to complain about the design choices, but here goes....

How is it that the Sumerians, supposed inventors of the wheel, do not start with The Wheel as one of their techs!?!?! Seems a tad bit silly to me. Granted, given the UU they've been given it would make them a bit overpowering, but couldn't the designers have found some compromise to make it possible for them to start with The Wheel?

Oh, well. I always say to be go crack open the editor if you don't like it, but I guess I'll just leave them alone and see how it plays out.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

as you said: they INVENTED the wheel... they didn't have it from beginning on

btw, i correct my post from before: mayans start with bronze working anyway... a kind of useless tech for them
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Ha ha.

The point is, they were the civilization that had it first. In C3C, they'll have to either research it or trade for it.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

In Conquests, the Japanese will always be the Civ that has the wheel first
              (That's especially strange since the wheel was forbidden for a very long time in Japan )
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                Ha ha.

The point is, they were the civilization that had it first. In C3C, they'll have to either research it or trade for it.
                Course if they trade for it then wipe out that civ before it meets anyone, who's to say they can't "claim" they invented it anyway?

Maybe that's what really happened.

Comment

It would probably be good idea to update the original post with the fact that the Mayan Javelineer has the Enslavement ability. Otherwise people might be misled into the thinking that the Mayans get a bad Bowmen as their UU.

They are strong on both offense and on the defense and possess the ability to "enslave" other units. Additionally, when the javelin thrower wins a battle, there is a one-in-three chance that the defeated unit will be enslaved and immediately turned into a worker, which then becomes the property of the Mayan player.
                  This gives everyone an idea of what Enslavement is all about. Can anyone tell me why the second sentence starts with "Additionally..."?

Dominae
                  Last edited by Dominae; October 27, 2003, 14:13.
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                    It would probably be good idea to update the original post with the fact that the Mayan Javelineer has the Enslavement ability. Otherwise people might be mislead into the thinking that the Mayans get a bad Bowmen as their UU.
                    Done!

Comment

Any combat unit can enslave a non-combat unit. Additionally........
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The Mayans look very good for an early game rush.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                        X