Radical government types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radical government types

Many civers enjoy creating new government types, but mostly they do not differ much from each other, since there isn't that much to play around with. You must take the values to the edges.

An example, which adds flavour to the beginning of the game:

Chiefdom - starting government
    * standard commerce bonus, rampant corruption, 50% Worker efficiency
    * 4 units free per civilization - additional units cost $2 each
    * zero assimilation rate
    * heavy resistance when captured, and when it captures other civs
    * no hurry methods, 1 draft/turn
    * zero military police, low war weariness
    (Palace is set to increase happiness by 2)
    This is much better than Despotism as long as you have one or two cities, but as soon as your civilization grows - or you go to war - the military maintenance will force you to change to Despotism.

This government type is intended to simulate a tribal society based on personal relations with the ruling family, sort of a proto-democracy. To maintain the citizens' allegiance, the leader cannot use any kind of internal or external force, except for when the society is really threated.

Have you got other government suggestions, that aren't mixtures of the existing ones, and thatreally add strategic depth?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

I've been thinking of modeling a police state gov that democracies can switch to when it becomes necessary to suspend the Constitution. I'm wondering if fascism (or another existing gov) would fit the bill, or if I should make something similar, but different (though I like the pop loss - like Americans fleeing to Canada, Mexico and Europe if martial law is declared.

If Democracy is:

Cost/unit: 1
    Town/City/Metro: 0/1/2 (my changes - 'patriots')
    Worker rate: 3
    Draft limit: 1
    Mil. Police: 0
    Corruption/Waste: minimum
    Hurry: paid labor
    War weariness: high
    Other: improvement maintenance & trade bonus

Then perhaps Police State should be:

Cost/unit: 1
    Town/City/Metro: 0/0/0
    Worker rate: 2 (1?) (dispirited workers)
    Draft limit: 2
    Mil. Police: 2 (1?)
    Corruption/Waste: nuisance (or problematic, due to regular c/w + internal monkeywrenching?)
    Hurry: paid labor
    War weariness: low (high?)
    Other: improvement maintenance, NO trade bonus, forced resettlement (+ xeno from loss of democracy?)

Whadday'all think?

Incidentally, for those who don't know, forced resettlement and xeno are aspects of the new fascist gov in C3C. Forced resettle means switching to gov't causes lose of population 1 in town, 2 in city, 3 in metropolis, and xeno means no culture growth in cities w/o 50%+ nation population.

Civilization III: Conquests Government Breakdown Type C/U T/C/M WR DL MPL C/W Hurry WW Special Feudalism 3 5/2/1 2 2 3 Prob. Force Low Req. Maint Fascism 1 4/7/10 4 2 4 Nuis. Force None Xeno/Resettle Republic 2 1/3/4...

This may not be radical, but I'd like to have something for 'good' govs to switch to in case of war that isn't commie or fascist (with the strengths of those govs).

Comment

Working...
    X