No announcement yet.

Mod: Double Your Pleasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here I have billed myself, 'The graveyard Keeper'.

Well, I have found the Hidden Nationality, Invisible, spy attack tags very very useful. Great actually, however it did require some special game tweaking. Similiar to what I had to do to get the AI's to use Armies as much as the human and sometimes even better.

The flow of units 'in game' for each Age (if you use more than one, I don't) must be wide and deep.

Via, units by buildings and small wonders easy to build. By a fat mix of city que availability as the techs roll by. I try though to have each unit unique in some special way no matter the number of units by kind character and use. Also, the third avenue is set nearly every unit to spawn units via combat.

This develops a distinct culture of 'undeclared' and declared war. None of my AI's are roll-overs, they use all units abundantly, and I do well to take by combat a half dozen cities in one hundred turns!

Of course, there are other very significate set-up factors that weigh into this, briefly; an abundance of resources everywhere available, a pre-laid road network capitol to capitol. ( I slow down travel betwixt by placing barriers on roads that connect empires and on some post very powerful barbs. This inhibits taking advantage of it except that the AI's are happy and connected to resources, so they can be more freed to build units, buildings and small wonders. Turn off 'pillaging and auto-pillaging' except for one or two common and easy to kill units.

Anyway, it works great. Best part is that the AI's can attack your cities during peace with armies stocked with hidden nationality units and the human is sorely disadvantaged, can not even take those cities back without starting a war you may not want. Also AI's start with 80 or so units and eight settlers.

The human a little less. There are other little tweaks that all seem to favorably add up. My interest in pursuing this avenue was only because you guys reported the AI favored using these nefarious units and I wanted to take advantage of anything the AI would just do. Considering Artilery etc. this was hopeful I thought.

Anyway, glad to hear your mod is out, will look it up. Thanks!
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Perhaps I'm simply stupid, but why does it seem that I can't cultivate the land before the discovery of Crop Rotation?

Surely, extensive irrigation should be possible very early in the game?

Comment

No, blocking farming/irrigation early on is one of the measures to stop Civs from spreading too fast, too early.
        Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

I agree with you on this, but the history geek in me is weeping. This is just another case of realism vs. playability. Or maybe there's a compromise?

Comment

Not really - Irrigation is implied in any early land that gives food - we chose to call the improvement 'Farming' exactly because we're all history geeks too

Comment

Originally posted by lorddread
              I have run into a problem with DYP 1.10 and Grampho's SGE.

If I modify a game it errors out.

Gramphos, where do I post the log???
              Try to post in my utility thread... But try v1.11 first.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

hi i love dyp for conquests but recently had to reformat hd and reinstall and my rar aint working again i need if anyone knows location the files for theamerican rifleman persian tank and several others they were in a odd file and cant remember where i downloaded it from thanks in advance

Comment

You can download the 'Extras patch' from the DYP site: RAR section

Comment

units like the panzer iv t-34 and some tohers still not there

Comment

Hmm.. it's true that the T-34 is missing, that will be fixed soon. But the Panzer IV should be there.

Comment

version .9

Good Afternoon,

I have version .9 of the DYP mod for Vanilla Civ 3

Whenever the computer builds a merchant the game crashes.

Is there a fix for this?
                        KATN

Comment

website

The website seems to be down and has been for weeks. What's up?

Comment

Help

I've been playing the mod for a few weeks and loving it, then all of a sudden it starts crashing on me. Apparently there are some missing files. So far I've crashed because the file for Wall Street is missing. To continue playing I had to not build the wonder.

Then I hit a wall I haven't been able to get around. When I research flight I get this message. File Not Found: Art\Units\ME262\ME262.int

Can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by file1 View Post
                              The website seems to be down and has been for weeks. What's up?
                              I assume you mean http://civ3.bernskov.com/ that was linked to in the text? This is a five-year-old thread, so Kal-El probably quit renewing the site awhile back. There are a bunch of versions of it at the Wayback Machine, though: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://civ3.bernskov.com/

Originally posted by file1 View Post
                              I've been playing the mod for a few weeks and loving it, then all of a sudden it starts crashing on me. Apparently there are some missing files. So far I've crashed because the file for Wall Street is missing. To continue playing I had to not build the wonder.

Then I hit a wall I haven't been able to get around. When I research flight I get this message. File Not Found: Art\Units\ME262\ME262.int

Can anyone help?
                              Unfortunately I've never played this mod, and it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of activity in this forum anymore. However, there's another thread for this mod that has had several posts in the past few months, so you might be able to find some people who are familiar with it there.

Taking a quick look at it, though, it looks like there's an error in the picture data for Flight - for some reason Flight, a technology, is using a picture in the Art folder. The quick-and-dirty fix probably would be to put a compatible file in there for ME262.int, but I'm not sure what the "int" would be, unless you meant "ini". Then it's the configuration file for that unit - still not sure why a tech would be trying to use it, though .

Comment

Hi All! Can any body help me with finding the actual download for dyp ptw mod. The links that are given above do not exist. Please help!

Comment

Working...
                                X