Availibility on European markets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availibility on European markets?

So Conquests will be available on Us markets end of October.

Will this also be the case for European markets?
    (SHOULD BE!!!!!)

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

I believe this is the hundred thousand dollar (or I should say euro) question...Can any Firaxis/Atari folks shed any light on this?

Comment

Re: Availibility on European markets?

Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR
      So Conquests will be available on Us markets end of October.

Will this also be the case for European markets?
      (SHOULD BE!!!!!)

AJ
      Hi AJ Corp,

Our goal as a company is for our products to enjoy simultaneous worldwide releases. We are doing our damnedest to make this happen for Civ Conquests. While there's always something that can pop up in localization, testing, or operations that can cause a delay, I think we'll come pretty close for Civ Conquests. If there is a space between the releases, it should be a matter of days or weeks, not months.

(One random point of information: U.S. releases always fall on a Tuesday. European releases always fall on a Friday.)

Best,
      Jeff Foley
      Atari

Comment

Thanks for the insight Jeff!

Comment

Amazon.com: October 28th (USA)
          Amazon.de: October 30st (Germany)
          Amazon.co.uk: October 31st (UK)
          Amazon.fr: Octover 31st (France)

Oh and Jeff:

Unser Vorschlag
          Kaufen Sie Civilization 3: Conquests Expansion Set 2 (Add-on) und Civilization 3 - Expansion Set! Zusammen für: EUR 59,98

Better contact Amazon.de, and tell them that PTW is included in Conquests.

shameless admin edit to include links to amazon
          Last edited by MarkG; October 11, 2003, 06:23.
          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Re: Re: Availibility on European markets?

Originally posted by Jeff_ATARI

Hi AJ Corp,

Our goal as a company is for our products to enjoy simultaneous worldwide releases. We are doing our damnedest to make this happen for Civ Conquests. While there's always something that can pop up in localization, testing, or operations that can cause a delay, I think we'll come pretty close for Civ Conquests. If there is a space between the releases, it should be a matter of days or weeks, not months.

(One random point of information: U.S. releases always fall on a Tuesday. European releases always fall on a Friday.)

Best,
            Jeff Foley
            Atari
            That's very good news, thanks

AJ
            " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
            - emperor level all time
            - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

btw there seems to be some confusion on the european art boxes(or is this old news?)

amazon.de

amazon.fr
              Last edited by MarkG; October 11, 2003, 06:39.
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I noticed that too.
                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  btw there seems to be some confusion on the european art boxes(or is this old news?)
                  Well, most likely the one tagged Atari is the correct one. And the one with Infogrames logo is the incorrect one.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

So does it matter if I buy the german version or the UK one if I have the US version of Civ3 and PTW, or do I have to buy the US one?

So long...
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Does a worldwide release mean that there will only be one patch or will there be multiple patches like in PTW?

I hope it is one patch because the PTW patches were a fiasco for PBEM players.

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
                        Does a worldwide release mean that there will only be one patch or will there be multiple patches like in PTW?

I hope it is one patch because the PTW patches were a fiasco for PBEM players.
                        Atari said long before the releasedates were syncronized thet therer should only be one copyprotection version, so that the same patching problems with PTW shouldn't repeat.
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

And will european version of C3C install on US versions of civ and PTW?

Many stores here make sure to get a few imports before european versions are released as was the case with Civ and PTW.
                          But when released simult they migh not go to the trouble and only get euro versions.

EDIT: after rereading I noticed Pioneer asked the same thing
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Howabout us aussies. from recall PtW came out about 4-5 months after the US release here... and it is for all intensive purposes the US version...
                            The price of greatness is responsibility.
                            -- Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

According to a reliable NZ computer retailer, it is due here November 4th. This is inline with the revised International release date (in fact, due to the timezones we may get it before anyone!), but, IIRC, PtW was released several months later in Oz than in NZ.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X