precison Bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• precison Bombing

I think it would be better if Precision bombing would only take out military units instead of Improvements. Or better yet
    you can choose what to bomb so you can use your stealth bombers to take out SAM sights.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely

IIRC, I believe that precision bombing will be included in Conquests.

Comment

I mean actually choosing what to drop your bombs on not just
      random bombing.

Comment

Re: precison Bombing

Originally posted by Elias
        I think it would be better if Precision bombing would only take out military units instead of Improvements. Or better yet
        you can choose what to bomb so you can use your stealth bombers to take out SAM sights.
        This would be an excellent addition. The way it is now, I never use percision bombing. I like the idea of being able to pick a target. Perhaps each target should have a different probability of a successful strike. Some targets might even require multiple hits in order to be destroyed.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah and modern units like stealth fighter/bomber will
          have a higher success rate

Comment

Yeah and modern units like stealth fighter/bomber will
            have a higher success rate
            Exactly.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hey on a unrelated subject how do you add a graphic by your
              name or become a warlord? Im new.

Comment

I don't even know what precision bombing is supposed to do now. WHen you prec. bomb there should be a drop down menu that lets you pick a target; and of course sometimes you'll hit something else and sometimes you hit nothing (other than dirt).
                "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

I think its supposed to target city improvements. kinda stupid you dont really want to destroy a city you want and you could
                  do this with normal bombing anyway.

Comment

Hey on a unrelated subject how do you add a graphic by your
                    name or become a warlord? Im new.
                    Post count determines level(Post in the OT forum do not count). Check out FAQ. The graphic is called your avatar. There is a selection to choose from when setting up your profile. After 500 post you can choose to have a custom avatar.

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks. Maby have a precison bombard for aritliary too.

Comment

Thanks. Maby have a precison bombard for aritliary too.
                        Or perhaps radar artillery and cruise missle. Something would need to be added in order to keep the balance however.

Comment

yeah do the same thing with the bombers maby have a chance
                          of hiting your targt.they need to do a lot with cruis missles though they dont have enough range and dont do enough
                          damage so i never get them.

Comment

Precision bombing

I may be wrong about this, because my games almost never last to the point where I have precision bombing tech, but I thought that the way it worked right now, as of a patch to Civ III pre-PTW, was that precision units can use the precision function which targets buildings (as was explained above), but that when they chose regular bombing missions they were less likely to hit things other than the city defenders. Therefore, if you want to mess up the city, use the Precision mission, if you want to capture it, use the Bombing mission. Am I imgaining this, or does this functionality not work?
                            "It might be a good idea." -- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western Civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Or perhaps radar artillery and cruise missle. Something would need to be added in order to keep the balance however.
                              I agree precision bombing for cruise missles would be a good improvement, I'm not sure if we can change this in the editor but I'll check. I've already increased the range of my cruise missles to about 8-10 tiles, which on a large map is not very much. And yes, the AI uses the increased range very effectively. Trust me, I've had half my navy wiped out in a massive suprise attack with CMs and bombers once or twice.
                              "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X