what have u been moddin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what have u been moddin?

Hey - been away a while, but with the eminent "buying of a cool kick @$$ computor, and the inability to play civ3ptw on my ancient piece of $^!T, i've been, well, not playing civ.

but, in a little over a week, god willing, i will be back in the saddle and riding again, and in a little over a month proud owner and obsessive player of civ3conquest(!)

speaking of, really think this will be good.

ok, i'd love to know specifically, what some of u are doing to modify your games.

i'll start off - i give extra hit points to higher tech units. midieval get +1, cav, guerilla and rifle get +2, industrial era units get +3, Marines and paratroopers +4.

furthermore all slow units eventually upgrade to infantry, fast units to guerillas, which are 6-6-2, allterrain move, with a smaller reactive fire bombardment and zoc. works very well, both.

well thats it, hope to hear something, have a chance to blab myself.
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

I am curently using the Teturkahan Senc wich has also added
    hp to modern units mostly tanks. It also increases the bombard rate and the atack/defense capabilities of most units.such as
    modern armor 59.59 7/7.I have also increased the range of the cruis missle to 8 and it can now fit into subs.there are lost of other things but im to lazy and dont want to spend an hour typing.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

to lazy? heehee - amen brother.
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

No one else is answering? Hmm I wanted to see other peoples ideas.oh well I also added a new unit the terrorist its like a cruis missle with no natoninality I just used the graphic for the Gurilla since i never liked that unit anyway.In addition it has to be one square away from the target and only certin countries can use them.Arabia Korea India Isreal Egypt.

Comment

Persia too

Comment

eh, i'm working on the civilopaedia for Banestar's Fantasy Mod... in bits and peices albiet, but working nonetheless.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

What kinds of units are there going to be and where can i download this when it is finished?

Comment

I'm working on a little sci-fi project, you can click the red link in my sig to look at it, but it is fairly graphic intensive, so I hope you have good i-net access.

Also a working version is over at another site, not because I have anything against Apolyton, but because the uploads folder is faster there.
                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

The biggest changes in my mod are to Naval movement and delaying contact with distant Civs. I like playing on larger maps and find that the low movement rates of ships are down right annoying. So....

First I changed the movement costs for water squares as follows:
                  Coast = 1
                  Sea = 2
                  Ocean = 3 - "wheeled" units cannot enter.

Then I changed all sea going vessels like this:

Galley: Move = 6 and flagged as "wheeled". Thus, they cannot enter Ocean squares. This results in contact with other continents being delayed until Astronomy is discovered.
                  Caravel: Move = 6
                  Galleon: Move = 8
                  Privateer: Move = 8
                  Frigate: Move = 8
                  Man-O-War: Move = 8
                  Ironclad: Move = 8

Everything else (post-Ironclad) retains their original movement points, but I flagged them as "treat all terrain as roads"... so once you start building a modern navy, the ships REALLY move.

Also, to help delay contact and map revealation, I dealy communication trading and map trading in much the same way that C3C will.

Other than that, most of my mod is similar to what's being done with the AU mod in the strategy forum.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                  X