arty:

EDIT: Somebody needs to add a : party : gif
    it is : Party :, but : dance : or : band: are better
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hopefully this will even out the governments now

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
        Firaxis-Ed> Agricultural recieves a bonus food in its City square.
        There is more:

" Agricultural recieves a bonus food in its City square.
        and Agr gets extra food on irrigated desert
        agricultural also gets cheaper aqueducts, recycling plants and solar plants.
        And if the Agr city tile is next to water the despotism penalty doesn't apply to its food"

That's a powerful trait!

Seafaring ships increase movement by 1
        Searfaring locations is "usually" on the coast, but not always, a much increased chance
        Seafaring also get decreased sinking chance, and city built along the coast receives a commerce bonus in the center city square
        Also cheaper docks and harbors
        Now that's powerful! Maybe too powerful.

Are there any changes to the advantages that civs recieve from existing traits?
        @Asker>Yes there was a change to slightly lower the industrial workers speed

Firaxis-Ed> Korn- Unit support cost is can be adjusted. With new changes to repulic unit costs are actually now 2
        Ouch! No one will ever switch to Rep from now on without building some marketplaces first, otherwise it will just cause an instant bankrupcy.
        Last edited by Tiberius; September 24, 2003, 01:43.
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius

There is more:

" Agricultural recieves a bonus food in its City square.
          and Agr gets extra food on irrigated desert
          agricultural also gets cheaper aqueducts, recycling plants and solar plants.
          And if the Agr city tile is next to water the despotism penalty doesn't apply to its food"

Just to make it clearer, if an Agricultural city tile is next to water the despotism penalty doesn't apply to food in the city tile only. Other tiles in the city still have the despotism penalty applied.

Comment

thanks for both the clarification and the participation in the chat

Comment

Merepatra from BA games?

Comment

Thunderfall> from Sir Eric: Is the release date still fixed or will it be changed?
                Jeff_ATARI> @Sir Eric: nothing's ever guaranteed. You can always find a critical bug in the final day of QA testing.
                Firaxis_Jesse> quality should over-rule schedules
                Firaxis_Jesse> =)
                Jeff_ATARI> Indeed.
                Last edited by Tiberius; September 24, 2003, 04:26.
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                  Merepatra from BA games?
                  According to her profile, Meredith Meadows, Quality Assurance for BreakAway Games
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

She was at the chat as well.
                    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

To answer some doubts:

governments and civ traits were subject to extensive testing and balancing out issues. Some of those issues were well known but "accpeted" as part of our civ experience so far. Two of these example are obviously the power of Republic and Industrial trait.

Industrial was far and away the most powerful of all civ traits because of the worker speed alone. Most testers agreed that this should be toned down a bit to even it out with the other traits. The seafaring trait is VERY good, it opens up a new dimention of naval power which was lacking in Civ3 before. Facing of against a seafaring civ is also a very daunting task now.

As for Republic, most players bypassed Monarchy unless they were Religious. It really made no sense since it was possible to manitain large armies capable of quick and punishing wars before war weariness became unbearable. In MP, war weariness was further reduced which made Republic even more usefull. Adding the new government types made it necessary to even them out for the good of the game: now the player really has to make a decision on what government to use depending on the time and his play style.

I think these changes have been for the good of the game. Industrial is still a wonderful trait, just not so totally overwhelmingly superior to the others. I can say that Religious, Seafaring and Agricultural now give it a good run for the money for the "best civ trait" award. Same can be said about Republic.

Ultimately once you get used to the new rules I think most players will find them to be quite positive.
                      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Of course the question is:
                        How much is unit maintaince cost in Democracy now (is still 1gold per unit)?

Comment

yep, I don't know how much I'm allowed to disclose but city unit supports have also changed for balancing purposes. (just so you don't think Democracy suddenly is so incredibly good)
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

No improvements to the Expansionist trait? Does this mean it will be even worse (ie. useless) on smaller maps?
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                              No improvements to the Expansionist trait? Does this mean it will be even worse (ie. useless) on smaller maps?
                              Map trading is delayed until navigation. Contact tradign is delayed until printing press.

Comment

Hmm...

I guess I should upgrade Vanilla and PtW version of my MOD, when C3C comes out, considering the scope of changes here.

Comment

Working...
                                X