Firaxis Chat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis Chat!!!

The firaxis chat will start in 20 minutes... join now!

/server irc.irc-chat.net 6667
    /join #civfanatics

or the Civfanatics java chatroom.

Ok... another hour... it said GMT 9:00.... but EST 5:00.

I only read the GMT.

CFC had it wrong since EST = GMT -5

Comment

Just post us the log already
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

In there right now...waiting for the Firaxians to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
          Ok... another hour... it said GMT 9:00.... but EST 5:00.

I only read the GMT.

CFC had it wrong since EST = GMT -5
          Yes, but remember EDT (what New Yorkers are using now) = GMT -4 .
          "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Jesse from Firaxis has arrived in the chat room!

Comment

Gobi> Scientific Leaders may arise when your civilization becomes the first to research a technology

Gobi> Scientific civs are more likely to gain them

Gobi> But we do have some new effects ... such as an increased chance of cultural conversion by a people whose capital has just fallen

Gobi> The main game has seen extensive rework throughout all of the ages

Gobi> We tried to add new elements in all periods of history, without compromising the units, wonders, and improvements everyone has come to depend on
              Last edited by statusperfect; September 23, 2003, 18:16.

Comment

Firaxis-Ed> My favorite change to modern era is the addition of TOW Infantry . Allows for a defensive unit that can stand up to tanks, when you have no strategic rescourses.

Firaxis-Ed> Agricultural recieves a bonus food in its City square.

Firaxis-Ed> Seafaring ships increase movement by 1

Firaxis-Ed> Korn- Unit support cost is can be adjusted. With new changes to repulic unit costs are actually now 2
                Last edited by statusperfect; September 23, 2003, 18:05.

Comment

Merepatra> Other new units include the TOW, flak cannon, trebuchet, Modern Paratrooper

Merepatra> armies aren't upgradeable, but they have had several big improvements

Merepatra> Re the specifics of army improvements, armies can now pillage without loss of movement point, they get an extra movement point, they have much better healing abilities...and I know there is something else I'm forgetting

Merepatra> and the other army improvements are blitz and radar (thanks Chieftess and aaglo)

Merepatra_BA> No expansionist traits haven't changed
                  Last edited by statusperfect; September 23, 2003, 18:12.

Comment

Apparently there are no new buildings, but communism gets a secret police headquarters

I'm sure a complete transcript will be posted at CFC eventually
                    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

bobT-BA> many exploits have been addressed

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect Firaxis-Ed> Korn- Unit support cost is can be adjusted. With new changes to repulic unit costs are actually now 2
                        And decline of Republic begins!

P.S.
                        Which is good thing by the way.
                        Old Republic didn't give a chnace to Monarchy if you have 3 or more luxury resources.

Comment

police come with nationalism and civil engineers come with replacable parts

Comment

Originally posted by player1

And decline of Republic begins!
                            arty:

EDIT: Somebody needs to add a : party : gif
                            Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

You can find a copy of the chat over at CivFanatics. There's a lot of great new info that hasn't been listed in any of the previews so far... good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X