Who should get these traits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bane Star :
    I didn't try your mod. Is the AI proficient with these "trait buildings" ? I was under the impression the AI was quite crappy with the ordinary replacing buildings already...
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

AI.... hmmm

well my AI has a rough time, It tends to build the buildings that its Trait is ticked in the building list, But one of my Races is the GM Race, which has no tech tree atm, but has access to over 30 types of UU creatures, In the scenario it has these pre-placed, But in a random generated game, It builds only 3 types of troops.

so no the AI sucks...
      EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Oh crap
        Maybe when the tech tress and the like will be finished, there will be room for some AI optimization ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Oh crap
          Maybe when the tech tress and the like will be finished, there will be room for some AI optimization ?
          hi ,

there is always room for that , but at what cost , .....

two disk's and load's of ram maybe , ......

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

The SCANDINAVIANS (not Vikings Vikings were the seafaring warriors, not the common people) should definitly be seafaring, but I am torn in whether the other trait should be millitaristic or comercial. They were both great warriors and traders.

Comment

Ones I definitely believe should be:

Vikings: Militaristic/Seafaring
              Americans: Expansionist/Agricultural
              England: Commercial/Seafaring
              Spain: Religious/Seafaring
              Greeks: Scientific/Seafaring

Ones I might, or might not believe should be:

India: Agricultural/Religious
              China: Agricultural/Scientific
              Iroquois: Agricultual/Religious
              Carthage: Commercial/Seafaring

I'm unsure as to what the Ottomons should be (since Sci/Ind doesn't really suit them anyway), and the new civs since I haven't had time to really think (plus I have no idea as to who is in other than Sumer, the Incas and the Maya). As for the rest of the existing civs, I think they should remain as they are.
              "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
              "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I would think that with the new traights there would be no need to have 2 civs share the same traight combos.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDork
                  Okay, how could the Vikings not be militaristic? Also I don't see the Japanese as being seafaring. I think the Vikings would do better with sea, mil and leave the Japs as they were.

BigD
                  You're right about the Vikings.

I was trying to fit all the traits in (I can't think of anyone to be Sea, Exp).

I wanted to change Japan so there wouldn't be 3 Mil, Rel civs (I don't think there will be). I found every civ with "Build often: Navy" flag and made them Seafaring.

I could think of Japan as Seafaring, anyway
                  Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                    I was trying to fit all the traits in (I can't think of anyone to be Sea, Exp).

You can have the British doing that (the Carthaginians could be the ones beaing seafaring/commercial), or maybe the Portuguese.

I could think of Japan as Seafaring, anyway

Well, not me. Japan was very much oriented on its own islands, and most of its seafaring history in the old times was about piracy and disruption of Chinese sea trade. Fishing was also important, but the Japanese aren't "seafaring" in the sense they didn't crossed large areas of water nor made a huge navy in their history.
                    Only during the imperial period of 1905-1945 did Japan build a huge fleet. At this rate, they may be "airfaring" as well

There was sure many traffic between the Japanese islands, but I don't think this can be considered as a seafering tradition though.
                    You can make North-African Arabs seafaring as well by such standrads.

Comment

I guess I was mainly thinking about Japan's fishing tradition, which is huge. They didn't really have a large navy until the 20th Century, so I guess they might not be Seafarring.

But there can't be 3 Mil, Rel civs. Can you think of one of the 3 (Aztecs, Celts, Japanese) that can be something else?
                      Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                        I guess I was mainly thinking about Japan's fishing tradition, which is huge. They didn't really have a large navy until the 20th Century, so I guess they might not be Seafarring.

But there can't be 3 Mil, Rel civs. Can you think of one of the 3 (Aztecs, Celts, Japanese) that can be something else?
                        The Celts could be expansionist. They historically spread from the black sea to Ireland.
                        Help to create Keewie, the open-source EU clone! Project forum here.

Comment

there are 28 (=8*7/2) combinations, if every civ has exactly 2 traits.

that means that in the ideal case of being able to give every civ a matching pair of traits, there will be only 3 combinations which more that 1 civ has.
                          but if we look at ptw, there were some combinations which 3 (or even 4?) had and some for just 1 civ... so i don't think everything will be evenly spread.

if each civ gets 3 traits, there are 56 possible combinations (=8!/5!/3!) {the exclamation mark means 'faculty' for those who's math lessons are too far back }. this could make sence, because even similar civs (e.g. spanish and english were both seafaring and expansionist at there peaks) could have a difference (e.g. spanish religious or militaristic, english commercial).

maybe there are even some civs with 3 and some with 2 traits... if my calculations are correct: 75 combos (= 9!/6!/3! - 9) (the -9 come from the highly unlikely case that a civ would have just 1 or even 0 traits!)
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                            Ones I definitely believe should be:

Americans: Expansionist/Agricultural
                            England: Commercial/Seafaring
                            Spain: Religious/Seafaring
                            i disagree that these are definate.

americans could just as well get industrious or commercial, depending on which era is represented.

english (as i said in the post before) could also be expansionist (1/2 the world map was coloured red.... which btw should be their colour in the game, but that's not the topic here ).
                            spain could have militaristic and aswell expansionist (they grabbed most of south america and the majority of central america)

Ones I might, or might not believe should be:

India: Agricultural/Religious
                            China: Agricultural/Scientific
                            Iroquois: Agricultual/Religious
                            Carthage: Commercial/Seafaring
                            basicly, it looks like you've taken away the expansionist of all civs

i think expansionist fits quite well to: english, spanish, portuguese, celts, russian, mongols, americans. possibly also vikings, china. i don't know enough about iroquois and zulu history to be able to judge if they really were expansionistic...

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                              there are 28 (=8*7/2) combinations, if every civ has exactly 2 traits.

that means that in the ideal case of being able to give every civ a matching pair of traits, there will be only 3 combinations which more that 1 civ has.
                              but if we look at ptw, there were some combinations which 3 (or even 4?) had and some for just 1 civ... so i don't think everything will be evenly spread.

if each civ gets 3 traits, there are 56 possible combinations (=8!/5!/3!) {the exclamation mark means 'faculty' for those who's math lessons are too far back }. this could make sence, because even similar civs (e.g. spanish and english were both seafaring and expansionist at there peaks) could have a difference (e.g. spanish religious or militaristic, english commercial).

maybe there are even some civs with 3 and some with 2 traits... if my calculations are correct: 75 combos (= 9!/6!/3! - 9) (the -9 come from the highly unlikely case that a civ would have just 1 or even 0 traits!)
                              quoting myself... but the more i think of it, the more i like the idea of 3 traits

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf

quoting myself... but the more i think of it, the more i like the idea of 3 traits
                                hi ,

yes for some civs , others should get only two or even one , your idea sounds great

have a nice day
                                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                                X