Own palace cosmesi,Conquest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattH
    I wish Atari/Firaxis would make it so if you had CIV II and the wonder movies they would play in CIV III

. What a thought...
    All of these ideas would be interesting, but as it sits now they will have a problem due to the spaceon the CD. I would imagine that C3C will use even more space.
    They will be very loathed to go to a second Cd as that adds to cost and shipping cost.

Comment

I mean the X. I don't know what may be set differently from you and Jaybe, but if I cancel the screen the first time it asks me, I don't remember seeing it ask again until I start a new game. Maybe it's just my memory.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I always cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
          Making the Palace useful would be indeed an option.

For example: the more upgrades you make to the palace, the more culture it'd generate; or maybe corruption across your empire would decrease a bit; just an idea.
          This is a marvellous idea,in addition your architetture stile could slightly influence your opponents way to approach you. ( classic could means to be peace inclined,medieval could means militaristic inclined etc.. )

BTW I have been playing CIVs since the original one for Amiga,and despiting the fact I find CIV3 very cool indeed,I am missing a lot wonders movies,that IMO gave an unique atmosphere to the game.

Is there any mod that did this for CIV3 ??

Cheers

Gunter

Comment

Yes, we definitely need a 'no palace at all, please' option. Some folks reckon that it doesn't come back if you say 'no' first time but this is simply not the case for most ppl.

Comment

Well, hopefully the Palace (or Throne Room) will be useful in Conquests - other than just being eye-candy. Tie the improvements to your cultural influence or even your diplomatic influence. At least this will lend a purpose/reason for the player wanting to perform improvements.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Mine is the opinion of a real rookie (just finished my 1st game ever in Civ) and therefore I could be overly fascinated by bells and whistles but...
                ... it seems to me that a few SECONDS in a multi hour (or days?) game shouldn't be such a big problem.

And I don't feel the need for a "utility" scope for the palace. Damn, it's refreshing to have a moment of pause within the continuos stress of government duties.
                Startaff

Comment

Use for palace

I've often thought it would be cool to line the avenue leading to the palace with flags. You could place the flag of any civ that has an embassy with you, along that avenue. Then it would be useful. If you conquer that civ, the flag gets replaced with one from your own civ. Guess that would lead to us designing some of our own flags, eh? Might be crowded with 31 civs though...
                  My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

That is a fun sounding idea. But I think some people want the palace to be much more than eye candy.

I don't think the palace should really be changed. Though having a No Palace option sounds like a good idea.
                    For your photo needs:
                    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

"I've often thought it would be cool to line the avenue leading to the palace with flags. You could place the flag of any civ that has an embassy with you, along that avenue."

Nice idea - perhaps you could also have the leaderhead of anyone you've conquered on a pike over the entrance gate

Comment

Originally posted by Margim
                        "I've often thought it would be cool to line the avenue leading to the palace with flags. You could place the flag of any civ that has an embassy with you, along that avenue."

Nice idea - perhaps you could also have the leaderhead of anyone you've conquered on a pike over the entrance gate
                        Great, barbarian idea!

Maybe in Ancient times only. Afterwards replaced by flags...
                        Startaff

Comment

I want to see protestors picketing your palace when your civ drops into war weariness.

Comment

imagine a burning animation if you invade another capital. i would LOVE to see my enemies palace in flames!

Comment

Originally posted by zorbop
                              imagine a burning animation if you invade another capital. i would LOVE to see my enemies palace in flames!

hi ,

, that would be great , with a message going with it saying " sir , the enemies of civ X have fled to the city of Y "

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X