Own palace cosmesi,Conquest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own palace cosmesi,Conquest ?

What's the usage of the cosmetic and silly own palace contruction?

I hope the new XP will let it become usefull in some way.

Don't you agree ?

Do you have any suggestion to raise ?

Gunter

I find the palace to be a nice little addition to the game. Even if it is only eye candy it can be fun to do. Sometimes I will add a piece and other times I will just close down the window. But it also indicates to you that something good happened and since they had the throne room in civ2 I guess they decided they needed something for civ3. I wouldn't like to see it serve a purpose really, just indicate to the player that the people are happy.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

throne room was more fun though

Comment

I like bells and whistles, such as the Palace, or the City View after building a wonder, as long as I can click closed quickly when I don't feel like dealing with it.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

It can be fun, and is easily avoided when you don't care to play with it. I had one game where I used Palace additions to commemorate military victories by building the next piece in the architecture of whatever civ I had just beaten down. It made for an, ummmm, interesting looking palace to say the least.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I played some civ2 one of these days (hey, nostalgia ) and, as improbable as it seems, I realized that I miss the wonder movies
            [Yoda style]
            Nice eyecandy they were!
            [/Yoda style]
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

I don't understand why the palace upgrades can not be turned of in preferences.
              I am not sure of why the wonder movies were not in CivIII, but PTW used about 670MB, so it could be a problem of space. I am sure they do not want ot go into another disk.

Comment

vmxa, you probably know this, but if you cancel it the first time it pops up telling you the people want to expand your palace, it won't show up again. At any point, you can still go to palace view and add all those pieces you've stocked up, so it's not really turned off, but for practical purposes, you don't have to worry about the pop-up harassing you.

Comment

Making the Palace useful would be indeed an option.

For example: the more upgrades you make to the palace, the more culture it'd generate; or maybe corruption across your empire would decrease a bit; just an idea.
                  "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                    vmxa, you probably know this, but if you cancel it the first time it pops up telling you the people want to expand your palace, it won't show up again. ...
                    This was always quite encouraging. Unfortunately, it is also FALSE.

Comment

This was always quite encouraging. Unfortunately, it is also FALSE.
                      Well, it always worked for me. That is, of course, within that game only.

Comment

I love the cutscenes in SMAC, they added so much more to the game. Civ3 should add in cutseans for wonder building or myabe capturing cities. It creates a story to go along with the advancement of your civilization.
                        For your photo needs:
                        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I wish Atari/Firaxis would make it so if you had CIV II and the wonder movies they would play in CIV III

. What a thought...
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                            vmxa, you probably know this, but if you cancel it the first time it pops up telling you the people want to expand your palace, it won't show up again. At any point, you can still go to palace view and add all those pieces you've stocked up, so it's not really turned off, but for practical purposes, you don't have to worry about the pop-up harassing you.
                            What do you mean by cancel? AFAIK you have two bittons. One is to accept and then you pick an upgrade. The other is the X and it cancels the scren. This will not stop the palace from coming up at some later point.
                            The only way I know of to stop it is not not make the people admire you.
                            Did I miss something?
                            I would like the to make a preference to stop it from ever coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                              Making the Palace useful would be indeed an option.

For example: the more upgrades you make to the palace, the more culture it'd generate; or maybe corruption across your empire would decrease a bit; just an idea.
                              Now you are on to something. Make it do someting in the game or at least to the score. Some reason to care about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X