Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Conquest Info at Gamespot

This article made me lose interest in Conquests

- Some of the new features (E.G. Natural Disasters) will only be in some of the scenarios

- There are only seven new civs (not eight)
    Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
    To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

You will be able to likely toggle some of the natural affects.

Aswell there is plenty more then 7 civs, just 7 civs to be added to the normal game.

And if all that doesn't suit you, the game will be more easily modified so that you can make a game that better suits how you want to play it.

This is the expansion PTW should have been (and sorta discussed early in PTW's development).
      i am the great one:)
      and leader of the cow cult

Comment

Hi,
        Does anybody heard about change made to the A.I. for Conquest?

Thanks,
        bleh

Comment

This is great. Are we going to be able to give names to the terrain features? why is one of the tiles in the screen called Cedars or Lebanon? I also hope that Nuke power will be changable with the editor.

Is this too good to be true?
          Last edited by Sheik; July 10, 2003, 10:14.
          For your photo needs:
          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
            This is great. Are we going to be able to give names to the terrain features? why is one of the tiles in the screen called Cedars or Lebanon?

Is this too good to be true?
            It looks like a new terrain tile (a new type of forest) created specifically for a scenario.

That's not the same thing as being able to name terrain features, but it's still good.

I hope we get the ability to name terrain features with text on the map (like in SMAC, only customisable). That'd be awesome.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It's called Cedars of Lebanon, I think, as a little in-joke. The Cedars of Lebanon, as refered to in the Bible ("the Lord's voice shatters the Cedars of Lebanon"), were the primary trade staple of the Phoenicians, especially those at Byblos and Tyre. Cedar wood was a valuable commodity, and the trade of cedar wood made the Phoenicians rich. It seems that in the scenario, cedars can be harvested as trade items for the people who control Lebanon (Phoenicia).
              Empire growing,
              Pleasures flowing,
              Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

this is great!

Comment

Good stuff! After the pretty much disappoitning PTW, this looks like something.

I was absolutely sure there would be new traits in PTW, yet there were not... and apparently we are getting some decent scenarios. Good stuff.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And for the record, anyone saw WW2 alliance screen? Can there be anything more stupid than a picture of Elizabeth with title "Prime Minister Churchill", and right near it Abe Lincoln titled "President Roosvelt".

Comment

How about Queen Wilhelmina?

However, I sincerely doubt seeing leaderheads for the scenario civs. Nine to one against, I think.
                      Empire growing,
                      Pleasures flowing,
                      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

P.S. Agricultural and Seafaring rock.

I don't know.. Seems like they might make sense as a third characteristic for a civ ( in addition to selecting two of the others already available). I wouldn't pick one of these qualities instead of industrious or militaristic, though. When was the last time in history a civ with one of these characterisitics was considered dominant because of these qualities - for agricultural (never?) for seafaring (18th century?) These aren't characterisitcs that will help you win the game. Don't all civs start out as agricultural civs until they fashion weapons to kill animals and become hunter-gatherers? If you are a seafaring civ isn't it because you have no choice because you are surrounded by water?

Also, jade is a new resource. I thought we already had 'gems'..

Comment

Right you are... but what about at least non-animated heads? Honestly, I'd rather talk to a non-animated Churchill than fully animated Elizabeth thinking she's Churchill.

Comment

Those are obviously just placeholder graphics Solver. I don't think it really matters at this stage.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Soundign better and better with each new bit of info.

Agriculture and seafaring - guess that they did hear us.
                              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                                And for the record, anyone saw WW2 alliance screen? Can there be anything more stupid than a picture of Elizabeth with title "Prime Minister Churchill", and right near it Abe Lincoln titled "President Roosvelt".
                                On CFC Tavis (A Firaxian) said "the WWII leaderheads will be nicely rendered flags"

I think that sucks btw.
                                Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                                To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Working...
                                X