Hand Drawn Graphic Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Drawn Graphic Mod

I'm making My fantasy Mod, and since the graphics take time to do, and I'm doing alot of graphics, and I have more time away from a computer than on a computer I have alot of sketches that I have done, My Bro suggested using the skecthes temporarily as the graphics until he and I have done the graphics in 3D, but the idea occured that it might be a cool graphical version, Hand Drawn Civ3....

EDIT: Whoops I went to Edit the Orc and deleted instead... Posting Below
    Last edited by Bane Star; October 2, 2003, 23:54.
    EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Thats an interesting idea. I'm not sure I would use it frequently but it would be nice to see.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

It doesn't animate, yet.
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Terrain First

Ok, Terrains take some time to make up, sketching each type, scanning, editing to fit the pcx format, etc etc, but It'll come along, I thought I'd show what I've done so far, the land colours are difficult to edit, its not as easy as it originally seemed...

I only continued with this idea becuase I can make screen shots from in game as maps for my roleplay characters
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good
          You must unlearn what you have learn.
          Version 0.08 of the Medieval European Mod is ready, it has more units, more techs a new map, and 31 Civilizations!.
          Find it here!

It also has its own forums

Comment

Wutang! looks great.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Its got the same kind of feel as Tolkien's hand-drawn Middle Erth maps Thumbs up

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

This could get really kewl
                And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

nice

cheers

Comment

Necromancer?

Originally I drew a set of necromancer buildings for one of the Races, but since that uses up an entire set of graohics for the ONE race, I put that on the shelf, But the Barbarians are going to be: Evil Butterflies, Skeletons and Sea Serpents.
                    So here is a Barbarian Camp:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bane Star; June 14, 2003, 00:40.

Comment

My god, that's great. I can't say how much I want to see this Mod.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have to agree, it feels like you're looking at a map of a RPG/Fantasy-world, definately a great touch.

Comment

Pics anyone?

I know people like to look at pics, So here the Mountains and hills, I'm still editing and adding to the files, I'll post them when I'm done, but some screen shots... Should I keep the Sea as the shaded grey? I'm thinking that I should just draw some pencil shading on paper and scan that... keep with the theme, maybe put waves in for deeper water and Ocean, and have reefs or other interesting things for the depth change.... anyone have ideas?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Snow covered mountains
                            Attached Files

Comment

and the hills
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X