Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Necromancer Leaderhead

Originally posted by Bane Star
    (My cousin Matty plays the Necromancer in all our Test Runs, and he allways names him Sutekh.. from both Egyptian Diety, but also a Dr Who episode)
    Sutek must be a very popular name. Sutek is also a mage in Ultima 5 and Ultima 6
    Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
    To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

It should be a pretty cool set once all of the graphics are converted over to a hand drawn map look. And it would be very handy to be able to use the Scenario Editor to make RPG maps.

In Civ2 they even made RPG type quest Scenarios so this could be used for something along that line also.

Comment

Change of Plan....

Ok, I dont know how you feel about it, but I think that the 4 icons of sand dunes/grass/tundra look a bit silly, I originally thought It would be ok like that, but I feel it looks Too werid... So instead I looked at how the graphics are being put together and sketched these instead..... since many of you like this graphic set, I'd like your oppinion, Do you like the 2x2 as it is in previous posts or would you prefer a more simplistic 1 graphic per grid sq. a.k.a.
        Attached Files
        EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Re: Change of Plan....

Ok, I dont know how you feel about it, but I think that the 4 icons of sand dunes/grass/tundra look a bit silly, I originally thought It would be ok like that, but I feel it looks Too werid... So instead I looked at how the graphics are being put together and sketched these instead..... since many of you like this graphic set, I'd like your oppinion, Do you like the 2x2 as it is in previous posts or would you prefer a more simplistic 1 graphic per grid sq. a.k.a.
          I like the new over lapping tiles but the addition of colour doen't look good, keep that as it was
          To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Re: Re: Change of Plan....

Originally posted by Elden

I like the new over lapping tiles but the addition of colour doen't look good, keep that as it was
            I agree I think it should all be one color to look more like a medieval style drawn map.

Comment

Not that you'd notice

Actually, colour is allready in the previous version, The grasslands have slight green, and the deserts a slight yellow, The mountains a touch of grey, and the snow covered mountains have liquid paper white (white-out) on the peaks... I was mostly talking about having the singular Icon per grid squ. rather than 4 small icons...

Interestingly enough I can put a 'generic' terrain into each, (the simplist version) and add a small occasional 'thing' into random terrains sq. such as a rabbit hole, or a rock, or other things they used to draw on ancient maps, ANY IDEAS? I'll inclue any and all good idea's that crop up.... Something like the Sea serpent I have in the deep ocean, Makes the Map interesting.

Comment

Looks great Bane. You could try charcoal or soft pencil(9b-spray with fixative before you scan it!) for shading if you wanted..I can imagine some very dark forests and misty hills using that method.
                I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

That animated leaderhead is great! And the idea of using this to generate RPG maps is a really good idea. I always had a terrible time drawing world-maps. Always preferred drawing the dungeons, etc. Kudos to you!!!!
                  "These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead

Comment

Thanks Burly

Y'know, I used to have a 'dungeon' set of terrains for Civ 2, following the Idea I could whip up a few sketches and make the 'Dungeon Designer' Civ Maps...hehehe... just press the create world... and INSTANT DUNGEON.. complete with staligtites and lava pits.... hehehe

oh p.s. I'm thinking of usuing these old Civ2 graphics for the Metal strategic resources.... While this is primarily a hand drawn mod, I dont know if the resources should be hand drawn or not, I'll do some up for anyone else who'd like to completely go Hand drawn....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Whoah, that looks awesome.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: Thanks Burly

While this is primarily a hand drawn mod, I dont know if the resources should be hand drawn or not, I'll do some up for anyone else who'd like to completely go Hand drawn....
                        I'd go fully handdrawn. (Though units might be hard!)

Comment

Ok, how about these?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I love the spooky tree! Can you get them to throw apples?
                            "These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead

Comment

Ok, how about these?

Comment

Adding / Changing a Terrain

Ok, I know you cant actually add a terrain (yet). but I really want to add in Swamps , they're integril to a fantasy setting, but where... I could just replace one of the other terrains but which one?
                                Obviously Mountains, Hills and Grassland are out, they are Game Engine coded, Jungles are allways over a Grassland.

Heres my choices: Forest Icons can appear over Tundra, Plains & Grassland, As can Pine Forest.
                                1. The computer Allways uses Pine over tundra. this is Boreal Forest, but Temperate Forest very very rarely appears over Tundra, so there is a graphic spot that could be used, and nicely too, 10 graphics for next to ocean or mountains, and 8 Graphics everywhere else.
                                (DICTIONARY: Tundra Never has a Forest, so I'm re-naming the Tundra terrain to Steppe which can be snow covered and have forests)
                                2. Plains Forests: Since when does the plains have forests??? Plains has also pine and temperate forests, which are used equally depending on what planet type you have, dry or wet...
                                3. Desert - Flood Plains... This is curious, you have the desert terrain, which is 'FORCED' to become Flood plains if a river flows over it (or next to it)... Why does this need to be so? So that the Flood plains can have a different set of resources/ terrain stats.... But how often does flood plains occur to affect the terrain so drastically.. on Earth... Egypt... where else?? maybe in australia we have a small few but not enough to affect a 'terrain square' of land. Anywhere else???

(EDITOR: These would make great 'flags' in the editor.
                                Terrain - Affected by River - Becomes - terrain:
                                Terrain - Can have Forests?: )

That reminds me... I cannot see certain aspects of Civ2 that were integril: Bridge Building to allow rivers to be crossed by roads, and Rivers could be followed for movement bonuses, and Rivers gave the terrain a resource bonus like a road.... What happened???

Ok, so back to the Idea of this post - Swamps. One Idea is to replace the Flood Plains with Swamps I can 'place' swamps as I want and If you randomize up a map, Swamps will only occur around a river ... but on Desert.... Hmm, not such a good idea...unless the Desert becomes Plains and the Plains become desert. .. technically plains are flat lands, and if there is an over abundance of water .... swamps?? yes?? and also you can have swamps with forests now.. .
                                problems : the deserts will appear where the plains were and the plains will appear where the deserts were... and the computer wont know where to build... maybe... see my problems >...??? WHY OH WHY DIDN"T SID ALLOW MORE TERRAINS ..... Its a computer for &%#^ sake... allow 16 or 32 terrains... (calm down stop ranting deal with the limitations) oh dear....ok...
                                So at the mo... the flood plains will become swamp and the desert becomes plains and the plains become desert and the plains forests become.... something else?? and the plains pines... will be.... hmm.. diamond mines? or rocky outcrops? see this terrain still counts as forest so any Resources within a 'FOREST' will also appear in the 'Desert Forests'... actually it wont look like a desert forest, it looks like a forest but when you cut it down it becomes desert, and you cannot re-plant it as a forest. Huuurrr.... (sigh)... anyone??

Comment

Working...
                                X