Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wish to see PtW + Conquests for the Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the "I don't care" crowd. I don't own a Mac, and I don't think about it one way or another. I assume Atari will push for a Mac port is they expect to make money with it, or to have a significant image gain.
    If they think a mac port won't bring profits, they won't do it.

I continue to assume Atari will port the Gold Edition to mac, and they'll make it look like a whole new game. It should be an event in the small Mac gaming community (I was amazed seeing the "Mac Games" display at my store almost completely covered by Civ3 boxes, despite Civ3 having shipped one year earlier )
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

I mean support for the PC version of Civ3
      Oh.

Oh, and actually the gaming industry is the main force behind computing technology today, and has been for years.
      Really, such as?
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

No im against it
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I'm in the "I don't care" crowd. I don't own a Mac, and I don't think about it one way or another. I assume Atari will push for a Mac port is they expect to make money with it, or to have a significant image gain.
          If they think a mac port won't bring profits, they won't do it.
          You too?

Who would be actively against Civ for Mac, when we don't have to be responsible for the costs?

Comment

Yes they should include the XP's for the Mac
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

There's not any market out there...not enough people use Mac to really be worth releasing anything for it IMO.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by dojoboy
                Oh.

Really, such as?
                Well, the 3d graphics card on your computer was not designed for users of word processers and spreadsheet programs ditto for the sound card. People buy cell phones with screens not because of video calls and such, but to play games. It's because you don't need a really powerful processer to do business work (at least not on your desktop or laptop), but you DO to play graphics- and/or computational-intensive games.

Comment

Well, the 3d graphics card on your computer was not designed for users of word processers and spreadsheet programs ditto for the sound card. People buy cell phones with screens not because of video calls and such, but to play games. It's because you don't need a really powerful processer to do business work (at least not on your desktop or laptop), but you DO to play graphics- and/or computational-intensive games.
                  Interesting. I had always understood it was military technological advances that had made its way to the consumer.
                  "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                  I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                  --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Heck no. The computer on an Aegis Cruiser, for example, has about as much processing power as the 2 year old computer I'm typing this on.

Comment

Heck no. The computer on an Aegis Cruiser, for example, has about as much processing power as the 2 year old computer I'm typing this on.
                      hi ,

pssst , they are going to get them new 17 inch laptops now , .....

anyway , lets hope we dont have to wait a couple years for this , .....

so that we can buy it also around x-mass

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                      X