ToT Forum Slowly Dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToT lives!

Never mind Civ III, ToT still reigns supreme as the best Civ game ever.

To all the scenario builders out there: you still have an audience! Your work is appriciated
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      Hey Angelo!
      Hey Mercator!

The cradle is still available, but only at http://apolyton.net/coc. I don't know if that's permanent or not...
      Great, thank you for the info.

* quickly retreats before anyone starts asking questions about civ2 utilities (including CivCAD ...um ) *
      Run! Run! he has nearly caught us!!!

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
      the idea struck me that you could have turns where people decide to forgo their "chosen" Civ and play one turn as another civ instead.
      Yes, it is one of the CSPL examples i wrote in the manual and it worked like a charm so you can do it in Tot...
      Poor MGE or Civ3 players without CSPL power (hope no-one notice that neither Tot has a fully working CSPL... )
      "If it works, it's obsolete."
      -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Hey! What happened to the PBEM game idea? I downloaded the LUSOAC scenario from the CoC, but the orbit and undersea maps are not showing up when I try to get to them. I am having this same problem in a scenario I'm designing. Does anybody know what I am talking about and why it happens?
        "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
        "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

Are you sure you have all the terrain files in the scn. folder? If you don't have from 1 to 8, they won't show up.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Can anybody enlighten me as to what CSPL is? It sounds classified.

I have good news, insofar as my sanity and free time are concerned. I am about to finish my semester and my brother Torillus is going to spend time with me at my house.

Hopefully this will mean that we get around to creating scenarios and stuff.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

CPSL is a complex system which is esentially a programmable hex editor. You have to know some simple programming language ( I forget which one) and it modifies your save file WHILE you're playing.
              It serves as an events system without limitations. Any data stored on the save file can be modified. It's available at the Cradle of Civilization site - if they ever get it up and running again. (hint to Dan Q.)

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

A few correction there...

You need to know a highly complex programming language, namely C++ (the same language used to write Civ2, and probably just about every other windows application around)... Luckily, you can probably get away with knowing just a tiny, easy subset of it.

And it doesn't change the savegame, it changes the game memory. Changes to a savegame could only ever apply when you reload, changes to the game in memory are visible immediately.

And you didn't read my previous post carefully enough... I mentioned the URL the Cradle was available at. ... And it seems most hosted sites are only available at the apolyton.net/site rather than site.apolyton.net... Even the Scenario League (how come nobody noticed that before?).
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I stand corrected.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

ive recently been playing the Fantasy game, though im dropping that having just bought SMAC.

TOT should still live for scenarios, though i would still tend to discuss those at creation. Some time back i mentioned that i had a lot of MGE scenarios converted (via the Scotto converter) to TOT. Ive cleaned up my hard drive, but still have some, and would be glad to send them to anybody who wants to keep them on a web site (for benefit of people who have trouble with the converter)
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Which ones do you have in your collection?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                        Which ones do you have in your collection?

End of the Bronze Age by Cullivan

30 years war by Munoz

1650 by Eklund

Spanish Odyssey by Munoz

Time of Thunder by J. Balsinde

Exodus by Alexandre Ostrowiecki

Moscow by Daumen

The Turks by Eklund

Visigoths by J. Balsinde

At the time I cleaned up my HD I was into early modern, and had deleted most of the ancient stuff i'd played.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                        X