Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 MGE to Test of Time scenarios & graphics questions

Hi guys,

I've recently been playing a lot of Test of Time (as I barely touched it back in the day) and have been having a lot of fun.

With Civilization 2 MGE I loved playing the Mars, Master of Magic Jr & Master of Orion Jr scenarios. I recently discovered Kestrel's excellent ToT conversion/remake of the Mars scenario and am now curious about the others however I haven't been able to find anything here, on Catfish's site or the League wiki. However the Mars remake isn't on any of them either so I figure its worth asking the gurus here about the others!
    1. Is there a ToT fan make conversion and/or remake of the FW Master of Magic Jr scenario? ToTs linked maps would allow for the mirror world Myrran to be added and all sorts of other cool stuff. I'm playing Midgard at the moment and I just keep thinking "omg if only someone used this stuff to remake the MoM scenario!" UNRESOLVED!
    2. Is there a ToT fan make conversion and/or remake of the FW Master of Orion Jr scenario? I've seen some ToT Star Wars & Star Trek scenarios using MGE MOO scenario style space gameplay but with nicer space graphics of course yet haven't found an actual MOO remake scenario in ToT. FOUND ONE HERE (Although let me know if you know of more out there)
    3. Final question is a different and rather out there one lol. I've seen all the cool Civ2 style graphics and gui overhauls for ToT on Catfish's site however I know there are a lot of MGE fans out there who for various reasons don't want to play ToT. So I'm curious to know if anyone ever made a (obviously non-animating) ToT style graphics set for MGE (eg terrain, units, city & dark gui) using the best closest matching 8bit colour equivalents? FOUND ONE HERE (Although let me know if you know of a better one out there or who made that one)
    Last edited by Blake00; October 9, 2019, 05:54.

UPDATE:
    I've found an answer to question 3:

Someone has indeed already done a TOT graphics pack for Civ 2 MGE. I just found a mod at CivFanatics here:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resou...iv2-gold.2471/

The mod coverts all units, cities, and terrain to ToT style however the author is unknown as he doesn't say any name in the readme and just gives an email of VWPsycho1984@yahoo.com (which fails). Does anyone know who made this?

Here's a photo below of me testing it.. it looks like the author has pretty much just done a straight colour pallet conversion with no touch ups as when I do the same thing myself I get the same results.

The grassland is way too dark and black/grey ish. The people who complained about ToT's graphics being too dark would hate this even more haha. Something is wrong with all the faction colours too. So unless someone here knows of a better one maybe I'll have a play with his files and see if I can make a better version..

Click image for larger version  Name:	modded-png.525780.png Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	9382762
    Last edited by Blake00; October 9, 2019, 22:31.

Comment

UPDATE:
      Another success! I've found the answer to question 2. There is indeed an upgraded ToT version of the Master of Orion Jr scenario from Civ2FW.

It was buried over in the old Cradle of Civilization site:
      http://sleague.civfanatics.com/COC/s...od-moojr.shtml

If anyone knows of another one out there please still let me know!

So that just leaves question 1.. is there an updated ToT version of the Master of Magic Jr scenario out there??

Last edited by Blake00; October 9, 2019, 05:54.

Comment

Working...
      X