Anyone Want Civ 2.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCloud
    Actually, I would like to have Civ IV have the same graphics as Civ II, but with the unit-capabilities and land texturing (but lighetr graphics) as SMAC; and with the Public Works options that CTP had!
    Yep, I like the Civ II graphics and the public works system from CTP really was a good innovation, IMHO. Never really played SMAC, so I can't comment knowledgably on that aspect.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

SMAX 2 please
      (+1)

Comment

SMAC was a good concept that was too abstract for the mainstream to understand- their technologies were nonintuitive...
        example: nerve stapling ... WTF is that?

That's why it didn't succeed... also it was too dark... but thos were its only flaws.

It had excellent unit design, techs, and diplomacy.

It was a better game than Civ III, or so I have heard... less bugs
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Humm... isn't Civ 2 MGE officially "Civ 2.5"?

Comment

Civilization II is a nightmare of micro-management.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Well, Mr. President, do you think running a nation IRL is any easier?
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Rasbelin:
                If a Freeciv port and 1 SMAC-like project should be enough for me, then all the other civ-like projects Freeciv, CivEvo and Clash should be enough for the civ-crowd.
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Anyone Want Civ 2.5?
                  Why would I be interested in de-evolution? Civ3 is a big step up from Civ2, IMO.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

You're apparently in the minority so far, cyclotron7.

Comment

Many civvers (including me) would have preferred civ2.5 to civ3......others would have argued it was a glorified expansion......can't please everyone.

Comment

Someone mentioned they would expand city radious in Colonization. Now that would be the ultimate micromanagment hell

And as it stands now in civ universe I think Colonization is by far the worst and CtP the best. Civ II is the golden middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                          Well, Mr. President, do you think running a nation IRL is any easier?
                          No, but the CtP series is
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Heh, well, I do *like* the public works system in CTP, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                              You're apparently in the minority so far, cyclotron7.
                              That's never stopped me before...
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

What micromanagement?
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X