Civ 2 ToT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2 ToT Question

I just purchased ToT from Sam's Club; I even got the manual, which is amazing. How different is ToT from Original Civ 2? I have played the original for a while (without the manual) and have also played Civ 3; I also have Civ 1 and Colonization.

Any major strategy or other differences that I need to worry about, from Civ 2?

There are a few main changes compared to Civ2:
    new graphics, better customisability/scenario support, up to 4 maps in a game, and several different games.

In addition to the standard game you're used to from Civ2 (which works just the same, so no new strategies required), you can also play an "extended" game, where you can also colonise Alpha Centauri (being a second map).
    Then there is also a fantasy game, and a sci-fi game. You could see these as very extensive modpacks of the standard Civ2. They are set in entirely different worlds, new units, new technologies and multiple maps.
    I'm not too familiar with these, though. Of course, the whole principle of Civ2 basically stays the same, but due to the different environments you'll surely need to adjust your strategies.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

I have enjoyed Civ 2 a lot, which was before I discovered this site. I think it was more challenging than Civ 3 because I didn't have a manual or access to one of these sites.

Comment

Working...
      X