Unified Field Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified Field Theory

Is there a way to avoid this thing. I'm playing an "Original" game, solely for score, but at 1900 (or was it 1901) this message about the Unified Field Theory pops up telling me I've won the game. I would prefer to win the game by spaceship around 2000AD. Can this still be done?

I'm not sure... Do you have the patch installed?
    If not, here it is...
    I don't think this should happen in an original game (only the extended original).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yeah, I already have the patch installed. This has got me rather perplexed. Like you said, it should only happen on an Extended game. But then again, it didn't say anything about Transendence. Hell, at the time I was researching a Future Tech.

I've also discovered at least on other problem that the patch didn't fix. After the problem with the Original, I decided to play an Extended game, as an alien civ. I saved the game, and quit for a while. When I came back and opened the saved game, I lost the ability to build alien-specific units. All of them that I had built prior to the save were still there, but I couldn't build any more.

Comment

Are you saving your savegames in the correct game subfolder?
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X