can someone help me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me ?

and tell me what's WRONG with theses flags ???

some colors of these flags doesn't appear in the game...
    the blue for one civ but not for another
    the red for one civ but not for another
    the white...
    and the red line of the fourth civ change colors to dark grey !!! :mad

(i keep civ colors, just change the flags)

Interesting... I was quite puzzled, but I found the solution.

ToT bitmaps don't have palettes like "normal" Civ2, so it doesn't have one specific color it treats as transparent. It apparently picks a transparent color from a specified pixel.

For the flags, the very first pixel (in the upper-left corner) will be the color it treats as the transparency color for that flag.

Move the shield down one pixel, color this first row in pink. That way it will use the familiar pink color for the transparency, instead of one of the shield's colors.

For the original flags this wasn't a problem, because the upper-left pixel was in the background color.

By the way, great idea of having shields, and they're good-looking too.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

yes i've just found the solution too !
      thanks for your help !

Comment

It reminds me a discussion i had looong time ago with Harlan (Thompson), he had the same problem with the improvement image files (you know, the XXimp.bmp)
        Let me check if i still have the mail somewhere...

Found:
        [...]
        I think I better understand the problem now. The problem is with the very
        first pixel of the image, in the upper left corner of the image.
        Sometimes, but not all the time, the exact color used in the pixel becomes
        "invisible" and so do all other pixels in the picture that share that exact
        shade. I limited the damage of this bug by simply making that pixel a
        unique color not used anywhere else in the picture. So the invisible hole
        is only one pixel big. This doesn't happen for any other image except some
        large wonder pics (not even medium sized wonder pics), so I'm guessing its
        more of a programming bug than a 16 or 24 bit problem.
        [...]
        So it seems Tot suffers the same problem also in large wonders pictures.

Greetings,
        Angelo
        "If it works, it's obsolete."
        -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

i've deleted all *img.bmp into my "original" folder (but i've a copy_of_original folder with all files)

i play scenarios more and more than "classique" game

Comment

This is probably a silly question, but why aren't the English featured in your scenario? I see France, Burgundy, Orleanais (?), French Minor (?), Brittany, Aragon, and Provence (?), but no England.

P.S. Is it appropriate to refer to pre-Act of Union Britain as England? IIRC, it controlled parts of Ireland and had Wales as a vassal.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

that's not a "history realistic" scenario...

Time: End of Charles VII, start with Louis XI , english no more in france (Bourgogne will have english cities)

Objectif: Louis XI try to unify France, and 'll fight 6 others civs Bougogne, Anjou, Bretagne, Bourbon, Orleans and Albret et Foix

Map: France

Units: certainly Bebro's medieval units he used for Cross & Crescent 2

Comment

Working...
              X