New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not going, but somewhat frozen.

There are 6 civilizations now and we need 6 players. I think 3 players are ready (Straybow, kengel and me). blanco_2 is 4th - he showed interest to join (several posts ago), but I don't know if he didn't lose his patience.

MGE + dial-up is exactly what you need.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

Maybe it is time to pronounce the game is dead, and get last fun from revealing the history with all plans, treaties etc.?
      Anybody still hoping this game will go on? It seems pretty dead to me. I wouldn't want to invest a lot of time in rehashing old politics, but if anybody was keeping secrets, it might be fun to hear them now.

I think I've already shared mine - stealing the Golden Fleece and some loot at the fall of Nineveh. Some of this was returned later. I never had any specific plans to invade anybody, though if Persia had become strong enough, I might have made plans later on. Also, if I had continued playing, I might have attacked some Babylonian invaders, but mainly as a defensive move.

I would NOT have allowed Babylon to gobble up the last of the 255 cities as she did! Some Kings were not quite awake at the end. I tried to persuade several Kings to join Persia [and Egypt, probably] against Babylon, mainly for mutual defense. But some seemed reluctant to take sides or had other agendas to finish first. I think that was a strategic mistake, but they can speak for themselves.

Comment

• I am ready to pronounce the game dead, but let us wait for Straybow and kengel to pronounce it too.
        If they don't come I would wait ... say until end of 2008?
        I think we were patient long time, so we could wait a bit more. (Although I am curious what is on the map )

Comment

• No! Don't let it die! I used to be the Hittites some years ago, I can do it again,I volunteer to fill whichever vacant position there might be!
          The longerst running PBEM must keep running!
          Apolytoners, Gung-ho!
          H‡!!!!!

Dobrze, SlowThinker?
          AKA Tanelorn.
          Big, big smile.

Comment

• We can suppose Zedd and Zeddes are out, so we would be full with newbies blanco_2, Slade Wilson and Timoleon.
            blanco_2, Slade Wilson are you still here?

Comment

• Actually, I am not new to this thread.I passed ruleship of the Hittite kingdom almost 5 years ago, September 2003.But the spirit of the old king roams the lands.Check page 26 of the thread and see.
              AKA Tanelorn.
              Big, big smile.

Comment

• You are tanelorn?
                In that case I remember you wanted to send chariots to Babylon in order to help harvest corn

Comment

• Why? Your pivo stock run out? (joking of course,there's always more of that...)
                  AKA Tanelorn.
                  Big, big smile.

Comment

• I meant this post: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...56#post2252356
                    Did you lose access to your tanelorn account?

Comment

• Last year when I stayed on a not so remote island, I had no phone or internet at home.So I got access to the net through public wifi cafes,the school network etc. and I messed up my account.It happened once, twice and I didn't want to bother the apolyton staff about it again.
                      Now I remember!And I do have to mow the loan! Royal slaves get my roadster chariot's bowcase filled with Babylonian napht!Or...
                      AKA Tanelorn.
                      Big, big smile.

Comment

• Somehow, I wish I had stayed in this game. It would have been a rare bit of consistency in the last four years...
                        Follow the masses!
                        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Stefan, you can join now.
                          (Persia is free, Hittites are ruled by Straybow).
                          Last edited by SlowThinker; September 11, 2008, 16:21.

Comment

• I'm still alive, but have not internet at home. Wouldn't let that stop me playing Civ, though.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• So it looks there are 4 players ready to continue if we get more people. Timoleon, Straybow, kengel and me.
                              2 more players is needed to continue.

Comment

• Straybow is on the facebook and got a baby

Comment

Working...
                                X