Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations, Straybow!!

Comment

• hi Straybow and congratulations hope your woman likes civ my Asia (it's her name, not name of the continent;D) hates it ;<

so we are only waiting for zeddes now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
        Woohoo, I am now engaged!
        Straybow, allow me to offer you my condolences
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• blanco, we are waiting for kengel, Zedd and Zeddess.
          I sent some PMs in order to wake them up.

Comment

• I did some work on icq: kengel was online and will come later in the week; a message has been sent to Zedd.

Comment

Woohoo, I am now engaged! I tried to hook up with the Zeddmeister in Atlanta when Jodie flew in to meet more of my friends, but our paths didn't cross.
              Do you have a better contact to Zedd? So far I didn't see him on icq.

Comment

Oh, building a new home? Cool!

I've been quite busy lately, too. First, I met this really wonderful woman out in CA.
                I got a plane ticket from Santa to visit her in the San Francisco Bay area.
                Congratulations

Originally posted by Straybow
                Last week, my stepmom died. She'd been in the nursing home with Alzheimers for the last 2� years. We felt she wouldn't last more than a few more months but she suddenly went downhill Mon and Tue, and passed in the wee hours Wed, 19 Dec.

Other than poor timing for last minute travels, we're thankful she didn't wither away for months on a feeding tube and all that.
                I am very sorry. I know how you feel, my grandma had the same illness...
                It sounds terrible, but we were glad when she died. Glad for her, because she was in the very last stage of Alzheimer and did not notice anything more for years. At the end she was a living dead. It is a horrible illness...

Comment

• I am ready if the game should go on.
                  As I noticed, we have a new player (welcome blanco_2 )

ST or Stray (or whomever): Please, could you send me an email as soon as Zedd is back again? I will not check Apolyton very often...

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Comment

• ST: I have the same email contact for Zedd as you. I got one response, but nothing after that.

blanco: I haven't yet exposed her to Civ2. But here's hoping for the best.

k: Yeah, it's good her suffering is over. If anything happens in the game, you'll know.

The wedding is May 10 in Sonoma.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                      Since some folks have evinced an interest in playing on against Babylon, they are obviously free to do so. As a result, we will apparently have two parallel games. One game will continue on with an AI-controlled Babylon, while the other game will need to find players for Egypt and Persia.

Zedd, Kengel, and Straybow are welcome to remain with the original game (now Babylon-less), to move over to the parallel Slo-game, or to play in both. In the meantime, the primary game will resume as soon as we resolve a few outstanding issues:

1) Recruit a player for Persia (hopefully Peaster will return)

2) Determine the long term status of Babylon (it can't be handed off to a human player as is, but perhaps could be humanized once it has been thoroughly de-sloed)

3) Agree on a division of the remaining 32 cities.

4) Time table for elimination of the Tech Skipping that has distorted the original intent of the game design.

5) Discuss other "gamey" elements in the current design (i.e. which to keep and which to remove).
                      You kept this going 6 years??!

I don't even remember why i stopped playing, I just happened to notice I posted in it!

Give you credit paul, I never played any game for so long a time.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker 6 moth ago
                        Peaster, on the one hand I am glad to see you are still interested about our game, on the other hand you published some info that Immortal should not know (although it was nothing substantive). I will gladly publish my past thoughts and comments and read comments of others, but only after it is clear the game is dead.
                        I think we can suppose Zedd and Zeddes are out and thrones of Egypt+Persia are empty.

Maybe it is time to pronounce the game is dead, and get last fun from revealing the history with all plans, treaties etc.?

Or do we have a chance to get 2 new players for Egypt and Persia?

Comment

• The house where I was staying until May had only wifi, which my computer can't do (for complicated reasons). My time for internet cruising was limited by all the wedding preps.

Wedding was wonderful but our house is so far out of town we have no cable or DSL, only dial-up (which we haven't ordered yet). And now my time is limited by other things.

Like cleaning, unpacking all our stuff, and writing thank-yous etc.
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• It looks Arnuwanda is enjoying his new virtual role of a husband...

btw I am still running a dial-up too, mainly because I am lazy to install a wifi.

Comment

• Is this still going?
                              But i only have MGE+dialup. Does it need ToT? I do have a ToT disc, ill have to find it.

I can hardly believe the starting date for this thread, and total posts. Nearly 4000
                              A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

• No, only MGE. Plus the scenario, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X