New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bab 2550

Babylon disbanded her fort on the end of Al-Kabir river, and the areas between Persia and Babylon are almost demilitarized now. (We will send a border proposal to atawa I soon.)
    Due to the calm situation with Persia our Engineers could be redirected from defense-related works to another projects: convertion of swamps to more productive land started.
    We don't understand why Egyptians use Chariots II for scouting...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SlowThinker; July 15, 2007, 18:32.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• the save
      Attached Files

Comment

• Char2s are faster than Char1s (like the sleeping unit). We've used Char4s for scouting... gives them something to do. Maybe Ra's charioteers are also bored. Offer them a good race.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Arnuwanda, did Hittite Chariots IV scout areas between Babylon and Egypt?

The relationship between Egypt and Babylon is not ideal, therefore Babylon always uses only horses/skirmishers for patrolling/scouting, in order not to aggravate the atmosphere.
          Our charioteers are also bored, but we privilege relationship with Egypt over contentment of our competitive charioteers.

Comment

• Summer time
            The greek king will leave on friday for for weeks vacation...
            Who else is there? Anybody available to sub?

Comment

• kengel, I think a best sub would be Peaster or another one of the Seeds Game #2 players...

Nobody objected the end of civ management during MP sessions, so it looks it will be forbidden from 2340: http://apolyton.net/forums//showthre...5#post4940265.

Comment

• We don't understand why Babylon continues to harrass a lowly skirmisher in the distant desert..
                Attached Files
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• to Pharaoh

Originally posted by Rameses
                  We don't understand why Babylon continues to harrass a lowly skirmisher in the distant desert..
                  This complaint has been answered several times, and so we see no need to repeat our words again.
                  Last edited by SlowThinker; July 21, 2007, 12:09.

Comment

• to atawa I

Again we must appreciate the non-conflict orientation of the fresh Persian policy which led to withdrawal of armies on both Babylonian and Persian side.
                    (But ... we should remind to atawa I that the new Persian city Tyre (has been built right now) is placed in disputed areas.)

We have a good reason to suppose relationships with Persia will become friendly soon, similar to current relationships with Greece, Minoa and Hatta.
                    But simultaneously we know nothing is forever, and after hundreds or thousands years future leaders of Babylon or Persia might think about a war.
                    We think we have a good chance to make the war extremely difficult if not impossible for any of these future warlike leaders: the terrain between Babylon and Persia is rough and not suitable for a fast fortress construction, only exceptions are several rivers.

A proposal for Persia
                    (Only post-war (the Anti-Assyria War is meant) cities are shown on the map.)
                    The white point in the eastern part of the map was concluded to be neutral in past, and eastern borders are also settled. Therefore the map handles only the west, the "disputed areas":

The proposed arrangement on Al-Kabir should prevent Persians to establish positions on Al-Kabir (squares adjacent to the river are mostly neutral, only 2 northern squares of Al-Kabir are accessible from Persia): Babylon should be able to annihilate any intruder from his fort immediately: the Leg III keeps full attack abilities after 4 steps along the river).
                    Persians should have no problem with their defense around Al-Kabir, especially because they get the Lake Urmia in their private property.

We are suggesting also another neutral area around Arrariver.

Both neutral areas should be easily checked by a Bab caravan moving on a river and a Persian weak unit or a caravan on a river bank.

We know the proposed map doesn't fully match the Persian ideas about borders. In order to make the proposal acceptable from Persian side, Babylon offers 1500g (3x500g in three subsequet cycles) to Persia. These 1500g may be substituted by some land in non-rivered areas.

We believe such impenetrable borders would preclude any future animosity between Persia and Babylon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by kengel on 19 July
                      Summer time
                      The greek king will leave on friday for for weeks vacation...
                      Who else is there? Anybody available to sub?

Friday as in 20 July? Kinda short notice.

Hope he finds a cybercafe and helps secure a sub.
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• It looks kengel didn't require any specific sub, so I think we can secure a sub ourselves (by asking SparrowHawk+Seeds #2 players).

I see another problem - he didn't let any instructions, did he? So it looks he let it the Greek turn on a decision of the sub. I think each player know about Greek plans in relation to his own civ, so if everybody sends notes to the sub then the Greek turn should be done satisfactorily.

Comment

• Meanwhile, I may be gone for a week. May, depending on whether I actually get paid for the last job I worked...

Shouldn't interfere with my turn, the way things are going. (Anyone heard from Attawa?)

Comment

• Not that I am the one to rush along a game, but has there been any word on the sub? 4 weeks is a bit much to wait and I don't want this game to loose much momentum. (It's what killed the demo thread. )
                            Wizards sixth rule:
                            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Let's find attawa before we worry about the Greek turn...

Comment

• Yes, the main problem is the dissapearance of atawa now. It is time of holidays now, so he probably forgot to announce it...?

IMO after atawa plays, we should post a request for a Greek sub in the Seeds #2 thread. kengel said he agreed with subbing, and he didn't let any instructions, so I infer "any" subbing is OK for him (IIRC in past he suggested a Ctrl-N on the Greek civ in a similar situation).
                                Leaders that have some bussiness/barters with Greece should send instructions to the Greek sub.

Comment

Working...
                                X