New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atawa I,
    The Immortal greets the new King of Persia.

Your words about eternal friendship and about your wish to stop the bickering sound very promising.
    But I suggest that you study existing treaties and documents first. Babylonian foreign office is ready to help you if Persian archives were lost.
    Western part of your proposal doesn't correspond to existing borders that were accepted by both sides in past. You are claiming a Babylonian land.
    Eastern part: it can be easily seen from all Pers-Bab debates that your proposal is unnacceptable for Babylon. Babylonian administrative feels best way how to proceed now is to define neutral zones, especially in the western areas which are disputed. They should calm security concerns on both sides.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Dear King Slowthinker,

Unfortunately all documents were lost when our scribes, frustrated with having to read through a zillion pages of documents and longing for a beer and some "entertainment", accidently set fire to the document room.

We invite our neighbours to draw up a counterproposal so we can work from there.

greetz
      atawa I
      Knig of Persia

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
        atawa I,
        The Immortal greets the new King of Persia.

Your words about eternal friendship and about your wish to stop the bickering sound very promising.
        But I suggest that you study existing treaties and documents first. Babylonian foreign office is ready to help you if Persian archives were lost.
        Western part of your proposal doesn't correspond to existing borders that were accepted by both sides in past. You are claiming a Babylonian land.
        Eastern part: it can be easily seen from all Pers-Bab debates that your proposal is unnacceptable for Babylon. Babylonian administrative feels best way how to proceed now is to define neutral zones, especially in the western areas which are disputed. They should calm security concerns on both sides.
        For the benefit of the new King of Persia, the Egyptian Cuneiform experts have provided this translation:

1) Western part of your proposal doesn't correspond to existing borders that were accepted by both sides in past. You are claiming a Babylonian land.

- "Existing Borders" means "Claimed by Babylon"
        - "Accepted by both sides" means "Accepted by Babylon"

2) Eastern part: it can be easily seen from all Pers-Bab debates that your proposal is unnacceptable for Babylon.

- "unnaceptable by Babylon" means "god help you if you don't agree to every one of my claims, your wishes are utterly immaterial"

3) Babylonian administrative feels best way how to proceed now is to define neutral zones, especially in the western areas which are disputed. They should calm security concerns on both sides.

- "Babylonian administrative" means "the Word of God"
        - "define neutral zones" means "i will dicate to you the portions of persia in which you may not do anything without my say-so. These regions will be 3-4 tiles distant from the border as Babylon currently defines it, although that border can and will move north over time."
        - "They should calm security concerns on both sides." means "Babylonians will sleep easy as we gather a massive invasion force on your frontier, while you will have forfeited the right to defend your homeland. Live with it."
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Kull, usually it was Pharaoh who insulted The Immortal. Now you called me, SlowThinker, "Great Snake of The South" . Are you serious??
          Who is this "Kull" you speak of, you peasant?! Pharoah addresses his communications to those of Royal Blood only, and does not answer the insulting demands of mere commoners. If the King of Babylon has any sense of honor, he will see to the immediate execution of this impertinent Babylonian emmisary.

Ever serving as the watchful Eye of Horus,

General Mekret.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Will General Mekret explain where Pharaoh met guys "SloT the player" and "Don the player" and what is an "e-mail"?

Comment

• atawa,
              I sent you an e-mail with 2 maps (Pers-Ass border and eastern Pers-Bab border). Did you get it?

Let me know what kind of info you got from Peaster. You should know about Babylonian "hides strategy", Archimedes' Workshop, SuperLegions (Persia was probably delaying their discovery) and some other things.

ST

Comment

• home rules

I want to stress one consequence of our home rules, maybe not only atawa didn't notice it yet:
                The home rules allow to manage your civ (to rushbuy, replace workers etc.) during turns of other civs (in MP sessions). This rule makes a surprise attack uneasy.
                For example Babylon can't be attacked by a surprise if she keeps good relationships with Hittites: if an enemy gets near a Bab area with a weak Bab army, Babylon can rushbuy reinforcements during the Hittite turn.
                But Hittites can attack Babylon by a surprise easily.

Comment

Hittites can attack Babylon by a surprise easily.

Blast! You noticed... Foiled again!
                  [/stewie]
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Re: home rules

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                    I want to stress one consequence of our home rules, maybe not only atawa didn't notice it yet:
                    The home rules allow to manage your civ (to rushbuy, replace workers etc.) during turns of other civs (in MP sessions). This rule makes a surprise attack uneasy.
                    For example Babylon can't be attacked by a surprise if she keeps good relationships with Hittites: if an enemy gets near a Bab area with a weak Bab army, Babylon can rushbuy reinforcements during the Hittite turn.
                    But Hittites can attack Babylon by a surprise easily.
                    The rules sure as hell do not allow that! If anyone does that, it's grounds for being kicked out of the PBEM as far as I'm concerned! The basic rule of the PBEM is you get to move and do things ONLY ONCE PER TURN.

If people HAVE BEEN doing that - and think it's perfectly OK - it has to end RIGHT NOW. Otherwise I will leave this PBEM immediately.

Comment

Will General Mekret explain where Pharaoh met guys "SloT the player" and "Don the player" and what is an "e-mail"?
                      You mixed up the civs, that was Straybow

Comment

• Re: Re: home rules

Originally posted by Kull

The rules sure as hell do not allow that! If anyone does that, it's grounds for being kicked out of the PBEM as far as I'm concerned! The basic rule of the PBEM is you get to move and do things ONLY ONCE PER TURN.

If people HAVE BEEN doing that - and think it's perfectly OK - it has to end RIGHT NOW. Otherwise I will leave this PBEM immediately.
                        I would agree here, it ruins the very basic principle of PBEM, its like playing MP on sim-mode.....it sucks....

Comment

atawa,
                          I sent you an e-mail with 2 maps (Pers-Ass border and eastern Pers-Bab border). Did you get it?

Let me know what kind of info you got from Peaster. You should know about Babylonian "hides strategy", Archimedes' Workshop, SuperLegions (Persia was probably delaying their discovery) and some other things.

ST
                          Got it, and I'll ask the Persian people who control atawa the player but I seriously doubt they will agree to this and rather die then give away our security....witch off course will ultimately destroy both our civs in the process.....

Then again you never know

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: home rules

Originally posted by atawa
                            I would agree here, it ruins the very basic principle of PBEM, its like playing MP on sim-mode.....it sucks....
                            I also don't like this rule, but in past I suggested managing civs during MP sessions should not be allowed, and Straybow said he liked the status quo and nobody else showed up.

I don't like changing rules rule in the middle of our game, but if no player based his strategy on it and nobody will protest then we can do a change.

Personally for me the change is bearable, but only if just MP rushbuys are disallowed. (I don't like also other MP civ management, but now my strategy depends on it).

Originally posted by Kull
                            The rules sure as hell do not allow that! ...The basic rule of the PBEM is you get to move and do things ONLY ONCE PER TURN.
                            Yes, people was doing that, and I noticed Egypt maybe missed one wonder because of that.
                            It is humorous several times you talked disparagingly about my list of rules.
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; May 20, 2007, 07:39.

Comment

• a summary for atawa tP

atawa tP (the player),
                              You should read posts about Babylonian hides strategy (load printable version of this thread and goto Posted by SlowThinker on 14-01-2007 14:02:; in past Babylon and Persia sent hides vans to CA on a 50%-50% basis, now it looks Babylon sends vans to different destinations), about Archimedes workshop (Posted by SlowThinker on 08-03-2007 23:08: ; you should remember Persia have Invention=Persian culture, and so Navigation wouldn't harm Persia), you should search for words "SuperLegions", "Centurions", "Legion Tactics" in the thread, they represent new, revolutionary weapons.

Borders with Babylon:
                              Eastern borders exist long time, and about 10 turns ago they were prolonged to the white point. But Sinbad said recently he "tolerated" units in Babylon near Ecbatana (you can find more of the debate if you search for "tolerate" in the printable thread), and he also proposed a change (search for "I also propose that any land within 5 squares of Ecbatana, currently owned by Babylon, be made neutral").

Western borders have a very long history, and I won't use the complicated history-based arguments in our next talks. Western borders are absolutely unclear, it looks sides honor only perimeters of cities that existed after the war (Tushpa on Persian side), Babylon honors pre-war (I mean war with Assyria) Persian borders.
                              Persia claimed the T-line unilateraly, while Babylon asked all disputed areas kept neutral status until an agreement.

ST the player
                              Last edited by SlowThinker; May 20, 2007, 09:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by atawa I
                                Got it, and I'll ask the Persian people who control atawa the player but I seriously doubt they will agree to this and rather die then give away our security
                                Do you say Persia doesn't honor the eastern Pers-Bab border anymore? Then your hard work with words about eternal friendship was somewhat useless
                                Last edited by SlowThinker; May 20, 2007, 09:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X