No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let mecheck out the civ when I get home on thursday, hopefully Peaster can also write me an update on his former civ and strategy by then, would be much apreciated.

I'll write an RPG about the change in leadership but for now even I dont know what it will look like

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
      atawa, you just met Pharaoh, the eternal admirer of Babylon. His fate is in your hands.
      If you will solve the dispute with Babylon peacefully then he will certainly commit a ritual suicide.
      Oh, I'm positive a peaceful solution with Babylon is possible, it just means acceding to every Babylonian whim. But the Ruler of Persia has a better chance of developing a Grand Unified Theory than of coexisting with Babylon AND retaining the freedom to do as he wishes.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by atawa
        I'm not that adicted to the game as to bring my cd on holidays so no worries, I couldnt open the game if I wanted to.

I'm sorry to hear that. Such addiction to Real Life is a terrible shame. We may be able to cure you...

As far as I'm concerned I dont realy care witch civ (if any) becomes available, I just want to play a diplogame again as the normal MP or liga games dont do it for me anymore.

Witch civ? No, I think you've misunderstood. This is not the Harry Potter PBeM.

And off course I'm flexible about the border dispute, any way is fine with me

Ferengi rules of acquisition:
        34) Peace is good for business
        35) War is good for business
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Minoa will still offer to mediate things on the boarder dispute, I still think the best solution is work out an agreed upon permenant boarder that both Persia and Babylon can agree on.
          I appreciate Atawa's willingness to negotiate but he may find when opening the save file that he does not wish to give so much.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Pre-turn notice

I've been looking at the game and trying to underdstand the scenario and gamestrategy of my predecessor.

Today I'll send out PM's to all players confirming old treaties etc and I plan to play my turn on sunday.

Comment

• atawa, I think nobody urges your turn. Also if Bab-Pers peace shall be preserved it may be useful to talk before your turn.
              I guess you got all strategy+diplomacy info from Peaster? If not, let us know, we will provide a help.
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Players vs. Kings

I had a debate with Straybow the player about "who caused a bad mood in the thread". It looks ST the player is discontent with some kind of communication behaviours of Straybow the player, and vice versa. But players have no problem to continue the game together.

I want to stress one point that I noticed during the debate with Straybow:
                Sometimes Straybow mixed his position of "Straybow the player" and "Straybow The King":
                Most flagrant example was when "Straybow the player" asked "SlowThinker The King" that Babylon should withdraw his armies from Bab-Pers borderland, in order that athmosphere in the thread got more friendly. IMO such a request is absurd.

I think the positions (player vs. King) should be always differentiated strictly (I feel Peaster didn't differentiate them and so took the game very personally. It might be one reason why he left).

IMO the players should NEVER influence Kings, even if Kings throw insults against other Kings (recently I posted a digest of Pharaoh's insults as an example). IMO insults (between Kings) represent a form of psychological war and should be legal.
                But I agree this may be questionable, players might want to restrict a language of Kings (but never their orders to their civilizations).
                Insults between Kings probably helped to worsen mood of Players. But this wouldn't happen if Players were able to cut away their personalities from their Kings.

ST the player

Comment

• Pre-turn notice

I've been looking at the game and trying to underdstand the scenario and gamestrategy of my predecessor.

Today I'll send out PM's to all players confirming old treaties etc and I plan to play my turn on sunday.

Comment

• atawa(s), you are monovular twins?

Comment

• Slo, I can't find the post you refer to but there is probably more than one in which I wasn't being careful to distinguish.
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Straybow, I mean the serie of your e-mails, starting by subj. "Don't Yoko this game!", for example these sentences:

"This conflict is unfun. Like Yoko splitting up the Fab Four, it will kill this game because we can't go on with a player missing.
                        I can't help but see your play style at fault here.
                        I want the conflict to end. The quickest way to that end is to drop Bab demands on the al Kabir and Zagros."

An explanation what I mean by terms "King" and "Player":
                        a King - he gives orders to units, cities, accomplishes diplomacy and communication with other civs; he knows about all strange things of his world called "Civ2 Seeds scenario" (including ZOCs, "bugs" etc.). He may be fed up if another King wants the same land.
                        a player - he accomplishes technical issues, establishes MP sessions, makes barters, speaks about house rules, asks additional time for his turn etc. He may be fed up if somebody plays slowly or if he doesn't like the athmosphere in the thread.

Comment

• I believe I addressed "SloT the player" and signed "Don the player" on that email, so I'm not sure how that is crossing king and player roles. I was explaining what I'd already commented on as Straybow the consul and you're wondering why I was saying Bab should withdraw and not Per...

[this kind of bickering is what is unfun]

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow

[this kind of bickering is what is unfun]

"Here is where I, the omniscient Great Snake of the South, shall tell you what you were thinking."

To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Straybow, I don't know why you call it "bickering". Not me, but you complained the athmosphere in this thread was bad. It will be bad until people won't be able to differentiate their roles.
                              You addressed SloThe Player, but SloThePlayer is not responsible for Bab armies. So I suppose you talked to TheImmo.

Kull, usually it was Pharaoh who insulted The Immortal. Now you called me, SlowThinker, "Great Snake of The South" . Are you serious??

Comment

• Revolution in Persia

Open letter to all nations of the world:

The proud nation of Persia hereby declares a change in leadership. The former king has stand down as the ruler of our nation handing over power to king atawa I.

To all nations:

We would like to asure you that the new leadership seeks a worldwide peace and coöperation so that all peoples of all nations can live in peace and prosper.

To our allies the Hittites and Egyptians:

The new administration will honour all former treaties and hopes for even better coöperation in the future.

To our friends the Greeks and Minoans:

We hope that the friendship between our countries will last for eternity and our peoples can live in peace for all time.

To our neighbours the Babylonians:

We dont want to continue the bickering over our borders and want to offer you a fair deal. In attached map the blue line stands for what we considder our borderlands, we trust you will agree to this fair and balanced border:

Please confirm this is acceptably to you so we can pull back our troops into Persian lands, this is as far as the Persian people will go but with this comes our eternal friendship and a peace between our great empires for all time.

atawa I
                                King of Persia.

Comment

Working...
                                X